honeycomb parts for coby kyros (tweaks, wallpaper, power rooted apps)

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
The above will be for Coby except for the camera, home, menu icons.. WiFi, Battery and Volume would be used. Docker box is my own creation. It working for months now. No issues.
Right now I am testing OC on the Coby and Craig to see how it works. I got the Coby benchmark now at 857 prior I could only get 814.

SWEET!!! Can't wait!!

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
The above will be for Coby except for the camera, home, menu icons.. WiFi, Battery and Volume would be used. Docker box is my own creation. It working for months now. No issues.
Right now I am testing OC on the Coby and Craig to see how it works. I got the Coby benchmark now at 857 prior I could only get 814.

What benchmark R you using ?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
btw, benchmarks don't mean much if you only do the tests once.. you have to do it over and over and over again to get truly meaningful results..

jschill31

Mar 4, 2011

Tipster,

Just to verify what you are saying... You are testing over clocking on the Coby 7015? If so please cite your kernel sources and enlighten us all. Also what "benchmark" application are you using that reflects a 857 score? These are big words you are throwing around and I want to make sure I am not missunderstanding you.

Thanks

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
OK.. so after reading and seeing some hesitation or lack of real interest in some (some of you may not need this so that I understand) I thought I'd post my experiences with this. Being the adventurous newbie that I am I took the plunge and downloaded this. Overall, Tipstr, I think this is pretty good. As it turns out, some of these apps I already had so I think if someone is starting from scratch they would see much more noticeable results but I'm pretty happy with these overall.

Even with having a few of these, your instructions really helped me figure out how to set the preferences and settings for each app which was knowledge I didn't have before so that was definitely a tremendous help and I thank you for that. The only real issue I experienced was that I'm getting nothing but Force Closes on the Wallpaper app but that wasn't a real issue for me as I have other Wallpaper apps and I really like the selection of Wallpapers you included.

Now I do have a question or two. There a few apps that I did not install because I couldn't really tell what they were. I was hoping you could identify them and explain what they would do for the tablet:

1. CM3.apk - the install page doesn't really tell me what this is or what it does
2. antutu.abenchmark.apk - I've heard the term benchmark used but what is the app for?
3. inturi.netandroid.storagereport - the title says SD storage but I'm not clear what it does

Again, overall I think there is some really helpful apps here and I was pretty happy with the wallpapers. If you could clear up those three things then I'm all set. Good work here.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
HoneyComb for Coby Rooted ROM MOD with my own Dock creation (reduces memory) and couple features will be out next week depends on how testing go on it. So all you see here will be in that package except that Magic Wall will be optional my ROM well have it's own HoneyComb wallpaper built-in.

This is below is my other MOD just released today P3 which is basically Google Prototype 1 with HoneyComb features. I use it to test features I want to release in the next release for HoneyComb.

188687_10150120716482949_579882948_6672069_5814108_n.jpg

That clock is the alarmclock I'll have to make one for Coby that won't work with the Coby right now. So I got a couple of build mod to make.

DOCK III shown (will look a bit different but basically the same on Coby except for the icons)

188449_10150120716397949_579882948_6672067_2583174_n.jpg

My goal is to reduce memory overhead and thus have better performance.

Stoned99

Dec 8, 2010
HoneyComb for Coby Rooted ROM MOD with my own Dock creation (reduces memory) and couple features will be out next week depends on how testing go on it. So all you see here will be in that package except that Magic Wall will be optional my ROM well have it's own HoneyComb wallpaper built-in.

This is below is my other MOD just released today P3 which is basically Google Prototype 1 with HoneyComb features. I use it to test features I want to release in the next release for HoneyComb.

That clock is the alarmclock I'll have to make one for Coby that won't work with the Coby right now. So I got a couple of build mod to make.

DOCK III shown (will look a bit different but basically the same on Coby except for the icons)

My goal is to reduce memory overhead and thus have better performance.

Looks great! Is is faster than the original rom or it's just the look that has been tweaked ? Do you have the kernel sources ?

mrblase

Mar 5, 2011
I downloaded this zip file and Windows Defender immediately identified it as a serious threat and deleted it. Any idea what would cause that to happen?

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Z4Root was in there. Those give FP (false Positive) My MSE does the same. ROM is coming out next week with the above tweaks embedded. I working off the Coby ROM start off fresh and build on that one. So you have one heck of fast ROM and HoneyComb look. I have put up video on the above images for another tablet runs OS 1.6 but I can port a lot over to OS 2.1 under the Coby. You can see what it could look like. The Coby doesn't have camera, but you can still have snapshot feature.

Last edited by a moderator:

idbl_fanatic

Mar 9, 2011
My MSE does the same. ROM is coming out next week with the above tweaks embedded. I working off the Coby ROM start off fresh and build on that one. So you have one heck of fast ROM and HoneyComb look. I have put up video on the above images for another tablet runs OS 1.6 but I can port a lot over to OS 2.1 under the Coby. You can see what it could look like. The Coby doesn't have camera, but you can still have snapshot feature.

Can't wait to try this!!

I wish we could get 3.0 ported to the Coby

Last edited by a moderator:

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
btw, benchmarks don't mean much if you only do the tests once.. you have to do it over and over and over again to get truly meaningful results..

Yea I know... They don't really matter but alot of people see scores and compare to other devices... I like to use them to see the progress on the roms from stock... With your WK rom the scores have improved with each verson... But even if after your first version if the scores didn't change its still way better then when i first got my tab...

Went I try to download the file my computer stops it and says a virus was found and file was deleted anyone with this issue ?

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
I'll remove the file that causing FP results and repost a new one...

Your point speed and benchmark doesn't matter. I have to disagree with that statement call. But since days of testing the system to see how it does is use as a gauge to see how well the system does. Your going to have different views on the subject. I need these results to see where I can make improvements. So to me it's important. Since being a Programmer for many, many years creating apps and multi-media games I need to see how well the impact was on the system and how well it was in speed and performance. Today that comes in any for system tablets. Who would not want to how fast the tablet your buying was. I feel everyone has the right to know. This is how vendors who sale they products think and don't tell the public how fast or how low they're hardware is. I more of a person who also like to know what type of internals are running it too. So maybe I need to know if improvements can be done or not? So far they can on the Android side. Programmers can make improvement on the code side also. I have found that out for myself when starting to take on Android OS to see how well I could make the tablets (#17) in all be improved.

I tweak everything from Network Gear, Servers, Workstations, Desktops, Laptops, Netbooks and now Tablets.. I'll stop and always test all the hardware out for the best improvements I can make to to them! Why should I stop now! :)

Last edited:

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Okay file as been replaced. Gone is the FP file and replaced with better rooted apps there is better OC app included for total of 19 apps. File as been scanned with MSE 64-bit no pest or FP found.

sndplace

Jan 9, 2011
Tipstir.... I hope you didn't take any offence to my comment... It was just a a general statement.. Benchmarks are usefull tools and I have come to use Quandrant when i check the scores... I wanted to know which 1 you used due to your scoring in the 800's...

downloading now....