How do android tablets compare to the iPad?

Macruadhi

Oct 25, 2010
I bought a iPod touch knockoff a year or so ago, and the screen rarely worked properly, I had to constantly recalibrate the screen, and at times it would lockup and I had to just let the battery die before I could do anything with it.
Are the tablets more reliable than the iPod ripoffs are/were?

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I will begin by stating you get what you pay for. The low end tablets work, but I would not use them for anything but an E-Reader or simple Web browser. The mid-range units 200-300 will be majority resistive. But, I have found a wide range on resistive sensitivity even there. I would say the newer units with Capacitive screens will be comparative. (Samsung, Archos, etc) to IPad. But that remains for me to have one to evaluate fairly.
I have played with an IPad, and still disappointed in comparison to what I can already do with my smaller A81-E or X5A series tablets.

Darkseider

Oct 19, 2010
A real comparison is when the mid-range/high-end Android tabs are released in the coming weeks/months. The Samsung Galaxy Tab, Archos 7 and 101, Elocity A7, Notion Ink Adam and Toshiba Folio 100 will all be the better comparison units. As it stands now the Android tablets on the market don't compare well to the iPad from a hardware standpoint.