How Do I "Factory Reset" My Tablet?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
It's not secure. If you're looking for a secure erase of the internal storage, you need to encrypt your information, then perform a factory reset. When encrypting information, you need to provide a pin number. The only way to decrypt the information is with that pin number. When you factory reset, the encrypted information may still be retrievable from the internal storage after the storage has been wiped, but anyone attempting to read a file will get garbage unless they have the pin.

As I pointed out in the previous thread where I mentioned this, unless you have stuff you seriously need to hide, there's no point in using this method.

naruto1979

Jun 17, 2017
Thanks for the information.
For me
check first what brand and model of android
then search thru google
how to reset
check first you memory card before resetting so your data will not save.

phxrickaz

Jul 8, 2017
Tablet Make & Model

Make sure the tablet is OFF.
Press and hold the Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.
When the Android starts to flash, release the buttons.
Then try to press different hardware buttons until you are given a list of options.

Note: If Volume Up and Power doesn't work, try Volume Down and Power.

Credit Just about everyone:rolleyes:
I have tried every thing instructed.all this did is throw my tablet in safe mode and ask for a password. The password is forgotten this why I am trying to reset tablet.

Thanks for the information.
For me
check first what brand and model of android
then search thru google
how to reset
check first you memory card before resetting so your data will not save.
Yes I have done this, its a MID Andriod

Last edited by a moderator:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@phxrickaz: I've edited your posts to eliminate your use of all caps. While I can understand your frustation, there is no need to shout. Typing in all caps is rude.

Regarding the password, you must have reset the tablet and in doing so encountered Google's Factory Reset Protection. Depending on the version of Android on the tablet, it may be possible to bypass it, but bypassing Factory Reset Protection is beyond the scope of this thread.

martin smith

Dec 19, 2016
To do factory reset follow these steps:
1. Go to Settings
2. Select option Backup& Reset
3. Then choose factory data reset
4. after that Reset Tablet
5. Then touch on erase everything option..