How do i get a factory reset working market still there?

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
I wanted try a couple of things witha new clean build after i have successfully rooted my kyros. i took a backup and i am able to restore it. i did a factory reset within the settings --> privacy tab and it goes into clockwork and i did a facotory rest there as well. when it is all complete i reboot and i get the android for the market still. i press the android but it will not let me go past that screen. how come my factory rest did not get rid of the google market?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The ' factory reset' only formats /data and /cache. You'll need a factory system.img to flash a default /system. I may have a backup with a clean system.img, but I'm not at home right now. I'll look for it later if nobody else can get you a clean image.

To flash the image, you should just have to run this via an adb shell or terminal emulator:
Code:
flash_image system /path/to/system.img
reboot

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
ok that malkes sense now. that file is not on the tablet at all even if i do a restore?

thank you so much l_n

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If you made a backup prior to adding the gapps suite, it will be in /sdcard/clockwork/backup/<date>/

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
The system.img is part of the backup. If you boot into clockwork and select backup/restore and advanced restore, you can select which parts to restore (i.e. system, cache, data, etc)

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
ok that didnt work because the backup i have is still from when the tablet was rooted w/ market.
i just want to understand this... the system.img is nowhere on the tablet after you root it? right?

thanks again

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
do you have the coby update.zip? Unzip it and there is a system image in it.
The system.img I originally referred to is generated by clockwork recovery during the backup process.

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
great i have the update.zip file and i was just going to explore it. so i will use that thank you again for help and thank you for offering to upload the file to me greatly appriciated!

HDECTABLET

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
ok so i found the file.
its called boot.img
so the command should be

flash_image boot /sdcard/boot.img
reboot

right?
or
flash_image system /sdcard/boot.img
reboot

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
It's not boot.img that you're looking for. That wil only flash the boot partition, which only contains the kernel and initial ramdisk. You need to get the system.img from the coby update.zip or from someone with a clean copy of it.

hdectablet

Jan 17, 2011
l_n I have serached update.zip file and there is no system.img file. if it is possible could you see if you have a copy of that file?
Thank you!