How Do I Remove The Cell Signal Strength Bars From My Flytouch2?

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
After the update, my Flytouch2 (10.2") has been showing a cell phone radio bar thing in the top of the display.
It has 4 gray bars and an "X" in it. The Flytouch is not a phone... has no cellular radio... why does it act like it's looking for a cell tower?

Please move this post to the correct Forum (Gnome / Flytouch II forum)

Last edited:

awchavez

May 14, 2011
It does not. Also, most of the apps that claim to turn off 3G on AppBrain bomb out during the install process on my Superpad. I need help with this. From what I can tell, the battery is getting wasted by the little phone with the signal trying to locate service.

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
O.0 i would asume air plane mode?

Sent from my Ally using Android Tablet Forum

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
I have two radio signal strength items in my screen-top area.

One has a dot at the bottom with 3 arched lines above it, each a little longer than the one below.

The other has 4 bars arranged like a picket fence with the 1st bar smaller than the 2nd and so-forth. There is an "X" in this box above the smallest bar.

One is for WiFi and the other is for cellular.
I'm not stupid, I can tell the difference between these two display items.
The WiFi one works as it should, the Cellular one is ridiculous in that there's no cell radio in a FlyTouch II.

Again, how do you get rid of the cellular radio signal strength item in the FlyTouch II display?

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
I have two radio signal strength items in my screen-top area.

One has a dot at the bottom with 3 arched lines above it, each a little longer than the one below.

The other has 4 bars arranged like a picket fence with the 1st bar smaller than the 2nd and so-forth. There is an "X" in this box above the smallest bar.

One is for WiFi and the other is for cellular.
I'm not stupid, I can tell the difference between these two display items.
The WiFi one works as it should, the Cellular one is ridiculous in that there's no cell radio in a FlyTouch II.

Again, how do you get rid of the cellular radio signal strength item in the FlyTouch II display?

What ROM did you flash onto your pad? Sounds like you have a phone ROM on your device.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p

Ikearat

Dec 27, 2010
Model Number: deb
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
jaws_bld@emma2 #1
Thu Dec 30 21:07:41 CST 2010
Build Number: deb-r2.1.1561
Unit is "Certified" (number withheld)

sharpe351

Jul 2, 2011
Model Number: deb
Firmware Version: 2.1-update1
Kernel Version: 2.6.32.9
jaws_bld@emma2 #1
Thu Dec 30 21:07:41 CST 2010
Build Number: deb-r2.1.1561
Unit is "Certified" (number withheld)

I think rgocal should look at this rom. I haven't seen this update before.

Sent from a rooted SuperPAD clone with Android 2.2 :p