How do you get the Augen to recognize a flash drive

jacatone

Aug 27, 2010
Just bought one of these Gentouch 78s and can't figure out how to get it to recognize a flash drive. Anyone know? Also, the little browser works well, but is there a way to go backwards and forwards within the browser rather than using the little button on the device's back? Thanks.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
and to go forward you have to hit the the menu button then forward you could try a third party browser i havent tried them all but there might be one out there that does what you want

braveit1

Jul 29, 2010
As of right now, no USB Host mode so flash drives don't work. If you install the V3 update from Augen's web site you get buttons on the top menu for options, back and home. Options brings up the menu which you can choose forward. (Without the hack you will loose the Google apps.)

joesc

Aug 9, 2010
Dolphin browser uses gestures, so you can do back and forward within the browser using gestures.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Make sure the microSDHC is inserted correctly. If the back side is up (speaker side) then flip the chip over to where the bump is showing on top. So the letters on the chip should face the touchscreen. Which brand are you using? I hope you didn't format the microSDHC prior though.

cutterjohn

Aug 23, 2010
Yep and make sure that it clicks into place... not the best designed placement of the uSD slot... difficult to get at, and my fingers aren't even that big... on mine the uSD actually sits slightly inside of the case when fully inserted... I had problems with this when initially trying to get it in thinking that it was when it wasn't as I HAD expected them to have it sit a little OUTSIDE of the case... other thing is to be careful to actually get it into the slot as some have lost their uSD inside of the case, but on mine it seems like you'd have to work at doing that... as there just isn't much room on the finger cut side...