(How To) CM7 Bootable SD

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is completely legal. As you said Android is open source so you can put it on any device you want including an SD card. It definitely is not like pirating or illegally downloading. Enjoy :D

mfs1855

May 27, 2012
Can't seem to get it up and running.

1. Created the SD card correctly
2. Say the linux install inflate process.

When I power on the Nook however, it just boots the standard B&N rom. B&N sent out my NC with version 1.4.2 on it. Is this causing a problem?

thanks in advance.

Matt

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Hi Matt, after burning the image to the disk did you increase the size of the boot partition? If you don't the program almost has enough room to run and it looks like it does but you will not be able to boot from the card after wards as you are experiencing. Follow along in the last few pages of the thread to read how to increase the boot partition size.

JP

kauban

Jun 5, 2012
after i follow all the instruction now my nook won/t turn on..........can anybody help me please.....

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
after i follow all the instruction now my nook won/t turn on..........can anybody help me please.....

After the process completes you may need to hold the power button for about 10 seconds to power down. Then press it again for 2-3 seconds to boot up.

Is your Nook charged? Make sure to charge it overnight on the stock charger and see if that is the problem.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Just subscribing to make the thread easier to find on my tablet. Thinking about just getting a card with CM7 already installed.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Of course JB it's easier to buy it but what about the pride you would feel if you manage to do it yourself! :)
Btw....you are all over the place lately!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note

Last edited:

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
idontknow said:
Of course JB it's easier to buy it but what about the pride you would feel if you manage to do it yourself! :)
Btw....you are all over the place lately!!!
Samsung Galaxy Note

Just want to get my post count up. :) :) :)

I think it would be 80% JP.

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
Spider said:
20% pride is better than none.:eek: Think how much more you'd enjoy your beer after having accomplished something like that!

Thinking that is the way to go. Spend thbe. Money on gigs instead.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I did it myself and so all the girls who have been around the forum that we know about, right JP? Just to push a little bit your pride as a man! :-D It's easy if you know how to use a PC because you just have to download all this stuff on the card from the PC. I would do it again if I had a PC which I don't have anymore. We all, nook's owners, would be sooooo proud of you!!! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

jbenham

Official ATF App Tester
Oct 25, 2011
idontknow said:
I did it myself and so all the girls who have been around the forum that we know about, right JP? Just to push a little bit your pride as a man! :-D It's easy if you know how to use a PC because you just have to download all this stuff on the card from the PC. I would do it again if I had a PC which I don't have anymore. We all, nook's owners, would be sooooo proud of you!!! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

Aw shucks, ma'am.