How to download "Forbidden" apps on your Vizio 1008.

szej3860

Nov 22, 2011
This article started my searching which allowed me to come across the app "Foxfi". Install it on your phone for a Wifi hotspot that your 1008Tab can connect to. Just tried it and got on internet no problem. Tried many other related apps in the past and never got it to work. Thought about rooting but it made me nervous so never went that route. Phone is Droid 2 (Verizon) unrooted. 1008Tab is unrooted as well. Thanks.

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
This article started my searching which allowed me to come across the app "Foxfi". Install it on your phone for a Wifi hotspot that your 1008Tab can connect to. Just tried it and got on internet no problem. Tried many other related apps in the past and never got it to work. Thought about rooting but it made me nervous so never went that route. Phone is Droid 2 (Verizon) unrooted. 1008Tab is unrooted as well. Thanks.

Are you saying that the Foxfi app will unlock wifi hot spot on phones?

szej3860

Nov 22, 2011
Not sure if it unlocks anything, all I know is I installed the app, checked "activate wifi hotspot". Has an option to specify your network name and/or password. After that it shows up on my tablet as an available wifi network. Select the network on the tablet and you're off and running. Not sure what it did or how it did it but it did do it. I was listening to Pandora through my tablet (via phone) in my car on the way home.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Grecko

Nov 29, 2011
Works great with droidx. The signal is a little weak though.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum