How to root

Jan 10, 2011
Howdy... looking for any info on how to root the flytouch 2... I just ran into the Android lack of ad hoc wireless support issue and I'd like to modify the tablet to see ad hoc networks. Any advice on how to root the tablet so I can run barnacle or a different fix so the tablet can see ad hoc would be great thx.

Jan 10, 2011
Half my problem is solved...

Downloaded z4root by RyanZA from this link:
You need to register a free account to direct download from this: xda-developers
Or just this z4root 1.3 download from multiupload

Donate to the dev RyanZA here: Paypal Link

Installed it via App Installer (marketplace, free) ... ran it - granted root access, it installs busybox as well. Superuser access appears on main screen.

FYI Infotmic Flytouch2 w/ build 2.1.1170

Still need to figure out how to make Adhoc visible... anyone care to assist please?

Last edited by a moderator:

thymox

Jan 15, 2011
Ok, so I am considering applying the update that is doing the rounds at the moment... but if it unroots a rooted device then I will kinda need to know how to reroot it to get back to its rooted goodness.

(I really did try to get a few more "roots" into that sentence, but I couldn't)

I am the (not quite so) proud owner of a Palm Pre phone which needs no rooting - if you know what you're doing you can get root access to the device without having to mess about. So the whole "rooting" process is quite new to me.

Any guidance?

Cheers.
Grant. :)

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
What is rooting ?? How is it useful to upate my flytouch 2 ??

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

qonyx

Jan 21, 2011
anyone able to help on this... z4root is no longer available in market - which is how another poster recommended we remove wow home

qpr1991

Jan 23, 2011
How to root your flytouch 2

Now many of you are wondering what dose this mean and why do i need to do it. Well when you root your device it allows you to edit the system files so you can go on to make your device even better then it is and you can preform little tweaks. This will also allow you to run titanium backup to back up all you apps before you update.

Step 1: Download z4root Download

Step 2: Once you have downloaded place the .apk file onto your memory stick or micro sd card.

Step 3: Now plug your sd card or memory stick into your flytouch 2 and open it with you file manager (wowfilemanager) now click the .apk file and install it.

Step 4: Go to you app list (start button) and click z4 root you will be promoted with 2 options tempory root and permanent root, just go ahead and click permanent root to save us doing this again.

Step 5: Restart your device and it is now rotted and you can run titanium backup and root explorer

Now below is a selection of apps you can download and install that allow you to use this feature.

Titanium Backup
Back up all your apps and settings on your flytouch 2

Root Explorer
Edit them system files you cannot access.

Boot Animation Changer
Change the way your boot looks. (this only changes the animation after the wowpad green screen)

More coming soon

Last edited by a moderator:

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Any idea if this will work on the Flytouch 2 512mb variant falsely named as the Flytouch 3?

And just out of curiosity, did the ad hoc issue get resolved with 2.2? This seems to be the way the WiFi access point on my phone works. It would really be a bummer to have to deal with it as soon as that "Slow Boat From...." finally gets here.

sinistersnipe

Mar 1, 2011
So far I couldnt get z4root to work on my "flytouch 3". UniversalAndroot doesnt work either, "fu goo" error message. :(

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
z4 wont work on the new varient because you need to be able to turn usb debbuging on and from what i can tell that option isnt offered. But if it is there please someone let me know. also the ad hoc issue with android not connecting to ad hoc isnt fixed

npantos

Mar 14, 2011
z4 wont work on the new varient because you need to be able to turn usb debbuging on and from what i can tell that option isnt offered. But if it is there please someone let me know. also the ad hoc issue with android not connecting to ad hoc isnt fixed

I have same problem. I don't have usb debbuging :(

Biotic

Staff member
Jan 23, 2011
Its probably hidden like it is on our new firmware for our ftiis

On a new launcher like launcher pro or zeam. When u hold on the desktop and get the option add shortcuts. Go to activities and drop down till u see development and create the shortcut. And itl take u to the debugging section.

I'm not sure if this is available on your flytouch 2 generation 2 devices. But its worth a shot.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App