How to Side Load Apps If Market Won't Work

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
This is really simple and i am sure most people know how to do this but here it is step by step

first search for the app you want which will be an apk file download it to a computer or straight to your tablet, if you download it to a computer transfer it to your tablets sd card. then follow these steps

1. First go into settings-applications and check unknown sources
  2. Use a file explorer app to find the apk file(most tablets have them pre installed).
  3. Open it, find the apk file and click install.
hope that helps some if you have any questions just ask

Here is a video on how to install a file browser if your tablet doesn't have one, also shows a little of how to use it to side load apps

sorry about the video quality I couldn't find my good camera hope it still helps

Last edited by a moderator:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you dont have a file explorer you will need to download one. so open up your tablets browser search for apkmanager or fileexplorer the extensions will be apk you can also try this one Download Apps Installer for Android and see if that works and then once your notification bar says download complete just click on it and click install and you will be able to use that app to side load other apps

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Oh you're calling installing/loading the apps side loading when your don't use Market store. Most of these China made tablets have Wonder App Store instead.

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
many apps are readily available from torrenting.
it would be helpful of a thread with various NON Android Market apps for downloading though.
applanet
slideme
androlicious

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
it would be helpful of a thread with various NON Android Market apps for downloading though.
applanet
slideme
androlicious

Good idea but there are just so many apps out there that it would be hard to throw them all in one thread

Afri10

Dec 7, 2010
we could make a collecting thread though and someone copies all together in a sticky thread

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
probbiethe1
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by goldshirt9
applanet
slideme
androlicious

Good idea but there are just so many apps out there that it would be hard to throw them all in one thread

a list of sites would be the best option.

and a quick review if worth visiting or not , and what the site is best for.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
probbiethe1
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by goldshirt9
applanet
slideme
androlicious

a list of sites would be the best option.

and a quick review if worth visiting or not , and what the site is best for.

I recommend FileCrop - Search and Download Rapidshare Megaupload and Hotfile Files has a huge collection of apk's

Mortyroar

Jun 15, 2011
What if it something as simple as an update for Flash? The marketplace I have does not carry it and the adobe site says that it is not compatible with Flash 10.1 which is the one it recommends for Android 2.2. Any ideas are very much appreciated.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
What website are you trying to watch, because some sites wont let you watch them even if you have flash for example hulu.

Sent from my DROID PRO using Tapatalk

Jan 23, 2012
Is it possible to load files or apps from an external cd rom drive to a tablet through a usb port. I have an acer a500 and have been trying to load files through a cd rom drive as a little hobby.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Is it possible to load files or apps from an external cd rom drive to a tablet through a usb port. I have an acer a500 and have been trying to load files through a cd rom drive as a little hobby.

no that wont work

Sent from my Vizio Tab/ Universal Remote