How To?

Snickts

Nov 14, 2010
Hello guys, I bought a tablet from chinaleap 2 days ago and I want to update the firmware but I don't know how. I found a firmware update Here And some instructions in chinese but I can't update it using the software they provide :S
Tablet Description:

Andriod Version: 1.5
Brand:rockchip
Device:sdkDemo
Display:RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100903.091510
Model: M1+

If you need anymore information just ask me. Thanks in advance

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
for most tablets its very easy you just put the file on an sd card and then turn on your tablet and thats it but you want to find out how to do it specifically for your tablet because if you do something wrong you can really mess it up

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Google Translator is a wonderful thing. Here is the link
Google Translate = to your tranlated link you provided
As probbiethe1 said, you need to be sure you have the correct update otherwise you could end up with an electronic brick
Just click around. in the translator window.
The top Android icon seems to be for one firmware, the lower Android icon for another.
Just make sure you have the correct detail about your Tablet before starting.

I want to warn and encourage you in the same breath. If you know what you are doing, flashing is really very cookbook. If you do not follow the cookbook or use the wrong ingredients (read firmware) you will have something useless.

Snickts

Nov 14, 2010
I used google translator But my problem is that the software provided to update the firmware doesn't work and It's in chinese. Is there any other way to update the firmware ?

Snickts

Nov 14, 2010
Thanks for that. Is there any way to update the android version ? It's 1.5, at least to 1.6