Huawei Ideos s7 LCD Density Changer Split Screen Problem

JTFN

Dec 28, 2010
When I used the LCD density changer app, it didn't work, so I turned on the "Make Saved Density Default Density" check in the settings category, put a number in, and this happened:
$Picture.JPG
For those of you who cannot see the picture, the screen is split in two, purple tinted screens. Also, the OS is lagging when opening new apps and dialog boxes. I have to move the optical button a little before anything shows up.

Thanks ahead for the solution!

PS: Busybox had problems installing before this. Is that the problem? If it is, the Busybox installer won't even open now...

Last edited:

AAndrew

Dec 26, 2010
That doesn't look good...

You most likely have already tried this, but have you tried completely shutting your tablet down by holding the power button, and selecting "Power Off" in the menu?

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
this crap program dont work for me too, i dont know what to do, but check the theard "performing a full reset on the tablet" it will teach you to restore you S7 to the default settings.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
FYI that Density app worked for me i was able to change it from 160 to 140 density and now my resolution is much better an no issues. I put it to 100 first, but everything was tiny and then tried 140 and this one works best for me.. a lot smoother and sharper and still a nice size.

Hope you get your tablet fixed. Let us know if the help from ARQUEIRO doing a full reset works out for you.

Green0ck

Dec 29, 2010
Lcd density works great for me also set @140 used z4root first

bill

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Same here, everything works fine. Thanks for the 140 recommend. Set it and things look pretty sharp.

Ives

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
I actually switched back to 160. I found out in aldiko that the whole page is shifted to the left with a 140 setting. Words are cut off on the left hand side. Back to normal at 160

Ives

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
lol, guess what, i try one more time use this program and now i got the same problem... cant see anything on my tablet, be cerefull with this program guys...

arqueiro

Nov 1, 2010
so, now i realy have a problem, i was able to reenter in the lcd density, and put the original value (160) save and restart, but the screen still messed-up like the posted picture :(

lonbo

Dec 30, 2010
so, now i realy have a problem, i was able to reenter in the lcd density, and put the original value (160) save and restart, but the screen still messed-up like the posted picture :(

I have just registered to answer your post. I'm sorry for you, I used the LCD density changer the day I bought de tablet and had exact the same problem. No soft solution worked. It was hard even to select any app in the menu because after using the program the tablet didn't worked well with the touch. I had to reflash the S7. At least reflashing wasn't as difficult as I had thought. First of all I thought about doing a hard reset but I wasn't able. Good Luck.

lonbo

Dec 30, 2010
:) Imagine the situation, I'm from Spain I went to New York a few weeks ago for holidays. The last day I was in Best Buy and liked the S7, a tablet that, up to now, is not available in my country. Bad news when coming back to Spain: brrrr, a dead pixel and after playing with it for two hours... The LCD density app problem. What a headache!!! Now everything is ok (though the pixel is still bad) and I think It's worth the money. I hope good 'firmware tunning and cooking' will come soon.

PD. Sorry for my bad english and for the Off topic.