CFW for MID7024 based on Alldro2 Gingerbread

microzee

May 11, 2011
The android market quit working on my tablet and my friends tablet AT THE SAME TIME. We are both using steevs 1.3. U can go into the market but if u click ANY game or app it forces close.

mharckk

Dec 4, 2011
The android market quit working on my tablet and my friends tablet AT THE SAME TIME. We are both using steevs 1.3. U can go into the market but if u click ANY game or app it forces close.

u could try to reinstall the firmware, i dont know if this rom has the same file called WIPE_DATA like the LF EVO by lfom so i could reinstall the firmware without losing my apps by deleting that file.or u can use the titanium back up to back up ur files. also, try to remember if u install a software prior to the malfunctioning of the market.

Last edited:

steev

Developer
Sep 3, 2011
Yes, the latest version will probably work fine on the 8024, but you might want to replace the logo.bmp with the larger version from your stock ROM.

I'm sorry I haven't been very active on AndroidTablets lately.
If you need to contact me, I'll probably respond faster at FlashMyAndroid.

The main dev of Thunderstorm and Volcano has moved there, and it's easier for me to keep up if we both post at the same forum.

I am currently working on the next version of Alldro2 and Thunderstorm.

I might not always respond, but I will take note of any bugs reported and fix them if I can.

Last edited:

rain

May 5, 2011
i am sorry if this "condition" has been talked up already, but here goes... i am on the newest rom with the newest market ( with the newest market fix ) and today the market is just flat out not happy. all i am getting is a blank screen and it says "no connection retry". hmmm, it was okay the other day ? . . . so i suppose i need to reload, and maybe wipe data first. on my poor little tab the clicketty thing broke and so the card pops right back out and i have ( now ) a blob of hot wax holding the card in the "engaged" position. maybe i'll wait a bit for @steev's version 1.4 ....

ArtMau

Feb 19, 2012
Hi steev,

first like to congratulate him on ROM, because of all that I tested was the one that really worked on my Kyros MID7024, but after installing version 1.3 (I've done three times, and last used in a SD class 4) i'm still with the following issues that I would share them with the aim of finding a solution for them:

1) the buttons 'search', 'back', 'menu'(M) and 'browser'(B) are not working, so does the button to UP and DOWN the sound;
2) some apps on the home screen after a while they lose the specific icon, leaving only the generic icon android. Example apps that happen so frequently: 'ES Explorer', 'Aldiko' and most games;
3) some apps had error "The process stopped unexpectedly" constantly, as Aldiko; and
4) some times he caught the tablet, the 'Touch' does not work and neither side button 'SILVER'. In this case i have to turn it off by 'Power' button, which is the only thing that works.

If anyone else has gone through the same problem and solved it, please share the solution.

Thank you,

ArtMau

GoldPimp

May 26, 2011
My tablet went from working to buttons no longer working to no longer loading. Tried wiping and reinstalling with no luck. Oh well it was a good run for a cheap tablet. Time to upgrade to the big boy tablets next.

The Android Strikes Back 4G

forevermurphys

Jul 15, 2011
Probably a dumb question but is there a way to get rid of the blue clock on the home screen?

Also this CFW is way better than the OFW.. Thank you. ;)

Spook_Man

Nov 30, 2011
Press and hold it until you see a trash can at the top. Then drag to trash can. That'll remove it.

Sent from my Steev Alldro2 v1.3 MID7024-32G

kjacek

Feb 24, 2012
This is my first post to this forum ;-). I have a newbie question - is this rom suitable for Dropad A8?