Huawei Ideos S7 - Post-Root Tips Sharing

alnova1

Nov 20, 2010
i finally re-rooted several times and it finally worked. Have no idea why.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

npmt

Dec 6, 2010
I deleted launcher.apk in system/app and install ADW LAUNCHER
thinking that if I do that I will be able to add widgets in other Launchers
(the problem right now with S7 is that you cannot add widget if you use other launchers)
However if even when I put back launcher.apk and uninstall ADW, the phone will not load because it cannot find the default launcher.apk, therefore I was stuck at loading screen (the circular boot image)

Here's how I fixed it

1. Put S7 into update mode by (when powered off, hold down SEND key and BACK key and press power on, the white horizontal line will show)

2. download update tool and firmware from http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/huawei-tablets/2702-huawei-s7-firmware.html
(the update tool will look for the .app and .xml file, respectively)

download and install the driver for your version of PC (will need or the update tool will not proceed)
http://www.huaweidevice.com/tcpsdow...100816033143.zip&attachmentName=usbdriver.rar

3. Connect your S7 using USB to your PC and follow the instruction on screen and flash

This is from researched and I am not taking credits for these.

Edited: I modified post barely and sticked it, I needed this for kernel testing purposes :p

Last edited by a moderator:

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
thanks for sharing thats good to know, just a heads up for everyone else if you dont know what will happen when you delete an app dont delete it. I have messed stuff up by doing this in the past.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
All i can say is...read the previous post. And then reread the previous post .

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

bmichigan

Dec 12, 2010
I just bought this tablet about a week ago and to me it's better than the Ipad. Great device for the money. The only thing that concerns me is will there be an update to 2.2? I keep hearing different answers but the company tell me its planned but i really don't know. I really don't want to return the device because its great. I just dont want to hold on until January and the company tells us that there is no update to 2.2. anyone with information about android 2.2?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
There are several threads on this topic already. We have chefs working on this now, and will be getting an update from Huawei in Q1 2011.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

npmt

Dec 6, 2010
We dont know either. If update to 2.2 is that important to you, return it because 2.3 is already out,and 3.0 is being worked on. The only thing you can hope for is custom ROMs with those updates.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010

jjnagy

Dec 2, 2010
brachiopod,

That's for sure, I love the S7 but if there is no option to upgrade to at least 2.2(for increased speed and especially apps2sd) then i will be returning mine!

I'll have to wait for the next version, or go with the Galaxy!

Regards,
Jeff

If true, that will cut into their sales in the US once word gets around.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I have been corresponding with Damian Koh, CNET-Asia, who wrote the article about the S7 and 2.2. He said he got that info from Huawei PR. There will be an official announcement supposed to be coming from Huawei on Wednesday.