Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet FULL BODY Screen Protector Case

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
Well I just got the 2Pack, we will have to see how it works. Since my wife and I each have one this was a great deal. They look real nice and for $7 with no shipping cost not a bad risk. Thanks

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Well I just got the 2Pack, we will have to see how it works. Since my wife and I each have one this was a great deal. They look real nice and for $7 with no shipping cost not a bad risk. Thanks

Yeah, even if I didn't want to deal with hassle of installing the whole body protection pieces, just getting the two screen protectors for that price (and setting aside the other pieces) is a good deal provided they are quality protectors. Kev please post your assessment and recommendation once you get a chance to install and use them. Thanks.

buzzman

Dec 8, 2010
Just posted this under the invisible shield post and figured it should be here too.

2-Pack Huawei Ideos S7 Full Body Screen Protector Case From Prestige accessories (to mods- if too detailed please edit)
Top-rated seller
prestige_accessories_reseller (2648)
Military TOUGH - LIFETIME WARRANTY - Ultra Clear

Original price is $6.75. I offered $5.00 for "best offer" submission and it was accepted! I got 2 full body imitation invisible shields. Free shipping. I have used these imitation ones before on my incite and they are just as good. A whole lot cheaper than zagg and with this you have a spare if you screw up application. I have the nook color screen saver on and I'll probably leave it and use the other pieces till I need to change it. But it is holding up very well.

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
So these came yesterday.

2Pack Huawei Ideos S7 Tablet Full Body Screen Protector - eBay (item 150554029068 end time Feb-24-11 09:25:39 PST)

It is a lot like putting on any screen protector (a lot of water and credit card to get it all out from under it) and it looks real good. IMO it helps with the glare and the screen does not seem to get as dirty. I also like the way it feels, I use my fingers, and it has a softer feel. As for the screen being receptive, it is still as receptive as it was before. I have to get the second one on my wifes tablet tonight. I would say a very well spend $7.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
thanks for the write up! please be sure to follow up with how long they last

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
They "say" they are lifetime protectors. It actually comes with a 60 day warranty where they will replace for free. After 60 days if you contact them and pay $2 for processing and handling they will give you a replacement. So not a bad deal.

I have on my DX a Invisible Shield and this seems to be as good if not better quality and at a fraction of the cost. I put the protector my wifes tablet last night and she really liked the feel, it has a smooth rubbery feel so it is not as slick (don't get me wrong, this is a good thing). She actually asked if her nail would scratch it, I said no, this is why you want this on there so if it did, it is not the screen.

After a couple days of use even more happy with it.

Jan 26, 2011
Quick review: I just applied the "StealthShieldz" whole body protector (linked on the original post in this thread). I ordered a set of two "kits." Each kit consists of 2 sheets of a plastic-polymer protector that is stuck to a sheet of thick special-purpose paper. The plastic is die-cut to fit the front and back areas of the S7 (more in a minute). If you have ever applied decals to a model car or plane, this is similar.

You need to carefully peel each piece off the paper backing, then wet the sticky side with slightly soapy water. This allows each piece to "float" on the surface so you can position it. Once positioned, you can use the (included) plastic credit-card-substitute to squeeze out the water and any air bubbles. I used a paper towel to mop up any excess water at the edges. I removed the battery from the unit first, per the instructions. As the pieces dry, they bond nicely to the S7.

This requires a reasonably steady hand and decent eyesight. Putting it on, I became aware of the slight scratches on the steel back of my S7 - wish I had put this on sooner! My S7 is now sitting up on its kickstand and will dry all day. I'll post a follow-up after everything has set.

My initial reaction is that this is a great buy and will provide nice protection. I will be testing this in the sun, as one poster indicated it reduces glare. One application for me is to use GPS while boating, so reducing glare is a good thing. So far, so good.

gvwilliams

Feb 5, 2011
Really interested in the sound of these covers, anyone know if shipping to UK is available as the ebay link says US only.... Feel a bit of a poor cousin