Huawei S7 Accesories site

poncespr

Nov 24, 2010
This is the case I found for $15 at Office Max, i liked it as it was REDDDD!! And it has a built in holder for the tablet..i didn't want to velcro it or anything. I am waiting for one of those holders with the built in keypad to come out for it but until then, this is great as it protects it and its secure and it was CHEAP!View attachment 684View attachment 685View attachment 686

Same one I've got. Never thought of using that pocket to put the S7 in. Nice.

dajack761

Dec 8, 2010
I've purchase one of these from Ebay. Shipping was really fast. I live in the same state as the shipper so I got it the next day. The S7 tablet fits into this mount perfectly. I think they should try to use the design to make protective cases and table stands, but I digress. The only thing I didn't care for was how tablet holder is attached to the stem and ball for the upper swivle point. When you open up the box from shipping, you'll notice that the upper articulating point moves from left to right because of a slot and groove design on the ball and clamp. I'll take pictures to clarify my point when I get home. The mount point for the stem and ball (on the back of the tablet holder) is rotated slightly out of square. Normally this wouldn't be a problem for a smooth ball mount, but this ball has grooves making adjustments appear in specific increments. While the grooves make for a more solid and stable adjustment, being rotated slightly out of square prevents the the screen from sitting perfectly level. It's really not that big of a deal but if your OCD about that kind of thing you'll notice. The bottom point of articulation allows movement up and down.(very solid, I like it) The suction cup is large and has no problem supporting the weight of the table. Overrall it's a very strong mount.

mms_picture-7.jpg

mms_picture-6.jpg

mms_picture-8.jpg

Markus31788

Dec 13, 2010
Found these today from Hong Kong on ebay
They are $44.95 plus $6 shipping

Original HUAWEI HB5A4P2 Battery
for Huawei IDEOS S7 Tablet / SmartKit S7 Tablet
BRAND NEW AND GENUINE HUAWEI!

Battery Specifications:
Model: HB5A4P2 Li-ion Battery
Normal voltage: 3.7V
Capacity: 2200mAh (8.2Wh)
Standard: GB/T 18287-2000
Limited charging voltage: 4.2V
Production date: Nov 2010
Size: 69 x 53 x 6 mm
Weight: 51g

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
Is there a reason that they have to be "Genuine Huawei"? It seems like a fairly standard Lithium Ion battery. So long as the voltage and current match up...I'd be shocked if there isn't a generic Li-ion battery that would work.

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011
I found one that is the exact same specs as the Huawei battery but it's for a different device. It's like $33 at Amazon. Since it's for a different device, the contacts could be located in the wrong place. I might just buy one to see what I can do with it.

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
Also by Just Wireless at Walmart I found a car to wall socket adpater. If you combine the car adapter with this you should have a spare in house charging solution.
Thank you Vicster. I did buy a car charger that's posted in this thread; the one for the Garmin GPS with 3.2 mm positive tip and it works fine in my car lighter. I have also bought a car/air inverter charger (the one which has a plug point as well and a surge protection) by Kensington (the small one) and it works fine too. I use the Kensington as it can convey the correct charge, in my car. I have also bought an Energizer battery back up XP8000 (which can back up laptops and netbooks too, on the go) which unfortunately does not have a 3.2 mm tip among 10's of tips they have in the box. Have to call Energizer who's promise is to supply the correct tip for every gadget you may need, 2 per year.
I also have a cute pink Nook Color cover which works to protect!
Yes, I know all these extra's have added to my S7 but I don't like to give up easy either!
Hope this helps somone, for power issues. Now if only for Android 2.2........!

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Liked and picked up the Griffen Jumper at Walmart but the Kohl's zippered case is a great deal. There is a case similar to the Kohl's zippered case (similar padding though not a dual zippered "L") made by Body Glove at Walmart that retails for the same as the Griffen Jumper. Not as good a deal as the Kohl's case but a viable zippered alternative to the Griffen Jumper especially if you don't have a nearby Kohl's.