Huawei S7 "Sim Reset"

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
I get a "Sim Reset" when turning on my S7 tablet. It has nothing to do with the sim card I am using so far as I can tell. It seems I have been 'locked' out of the tablet. Here in OZ Telstra sells it as a T-Touch Tab. Telstra could not help me after spending 3 hours on the phone today with 4 different technicians in the Philippines.
The wifi works fine and so does everything else, but it will not accept / recognize my sim card, ergo - no 3G.
Can someone help?

Thanks

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
My understanding is that the T-Tab is locked to Telstra and you need an unlock code if you put in another sim. Maybe it has do a sim reset from too many tries or something? not sure.

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
Tried another sim card. Same thing.... both sims work elsewhere. Both sims active. I have spoken to Telstra support..... they're at a blank. (No surprises there!) Here's a picture of what it looks like.... And I am sure it has NOTHING to do with the Telstra Sim itself. I believe it is some kind of 'lock out' after too many tries with different sims.... maybe! anyway, it's there all the time and nobody knows what it is... some one on this forum will....! :) $IMG_0121.JPG

Claian

Dec 27, 2010
Don't even attempt to get phone support from telstra. Try takng it into the store and get them to do a sim swap. I've had a similar situation with a phone in the past and the problem was the sim.
They can port your details over to a new sim in no time and see if that's the problem.
Other than that try another telstra sim if you know someone who's phone is thru telstra. The tablet is locked to them. But any telstra sim should still work.

If a new sim doesn't fix the problem they will have to replace it under warranty. How old is it. If its less than a month they should replace it on the spot.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
Oh Boy! I got it at Target. $299 and it included a car adapter and case. The deal was before Xmas... maybe 3 months ago. I tossed the packaging but have the receipt. I can't elieve there isn't a work around.... you know.... 'press this while holding that'. How about a flash or reformat or something?

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
This used to happen with cingular sims, there should be a code or something to fix it.

Sent from my S7 thru space & time

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
This is from a google search, not sure if this is along the lines of what you need.

Restoring a SIM card that has been locked out If you enter the wrong PIN more times than the maximum number of attempts allowed, your SIM card will become “PUK- ocked.” You need a PUK code to restore access to the phone. This code may have been provided by your mobile operator when you received your SIM card

1. On phone dialer screen enter puk code hit next
2. enter new pin hit next
3. Enter new pin again hit next

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
That message is because the phone is locked. You need the unlock code. Someone in Telstra that has clue will give you a code for a fee. You will not get that message with a telstra sim.

Sent from my S7

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
Was on fone with several different peeople at Telstra today..... 3Hrs! They had NO clue and told me to get in touch with Huawei!... I really like this S7, I think it's great. But a $299 WiFi? I am close to bricking it out of frustration.....!!!!!

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
How long have you had your s7, can you return it?

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
I can try return it, but have no packaging. I have receipt and I got it at Target. I got it about 3 months ago. It came included with a sim. I damaged that one in an embarrassing way so don't ask. :) I used my mobile broadband usb dongle sim with no problems until I purchased a new sim for it. Now it's stuck on this message..... frustrating!

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
First I would make sure that you still get the problem with a brand new Telstra pre-paid broadband SIM, or a Telstra post-paid SIM with data enabled. If you still get the same message, then it is a tablet fault. Claim it under the 1 year warrantee. Go into the Telstra shop, be insistive that they return it. Refuse the leave the store until you are satisfied that it will be replaced. If you get no luck, then you always have the small claims tribunal to threaten them with.

BurbankOZ

Feb 8, 2011
LATEST and Case Closed:

Thanks to all of you for your help and suggestions. Thanks especially to you pvella for your efforts.

Today I called Huawei in Melbourne, VIC Australia. Spoke to an AWESOME technician there called Andrew Wang. As I explained the problem, withing 30 seconds, I could here him saying 'ah ah, oh yeah, okay'! I knew he knew what I was talking about. He just 'got it!' He asked for my IMEI ans email. Then withing 60 minutes I received an unlock code...... I am back in business..... all is well. This T-Touch is fantastic.

Thanks HUAWEI for great customer service. Thanks Andrew Wang for great service.

50cals

Jan 5, 2011
Knew you needed the code, glad it's working again.