Huawei's Boring MWC Presentation - No Wonder Press Didn't Care

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
Did I just watch the launch of new product from one of the worlds major telecoms device manufacturers?
No, because I stopped watching after 20 seconds.
Who picked him? And are they still working for Huawei?
Really boosts the confidence in a March/April 2.2 update!

zuc

Dec 10, 2010
Let's just rebrand it Hawaii.

While I don't regret buying the S7, this company does not give me any warm and fuzzy feelings to buy their product the second time.

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
In all honesty I have 4 pieces of Huawei kit and have just sold 2 on ebay and the quality of each has been excellent. But, there has never been any end user support. Their main customer base has been the big Telecom companies and they have no experience of how to deal with us consumers.

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
I tend to agree. Look at their technical forum. They have removed all S7 posts and you cannot add any new posts. Personally I have sent them some complaints on this topic and the lack of information about 2.2 and the availability of accessories.

brachiopod

Nov 22, 2010
Let's just rebrand it Hawaii.

While I don't regret buying the S7, this company does not give me any warm and fuzzy feelings to buy their product the second time.

That's what I'm feeling. The S7 is my first Huawei product. I buy a lot of phones and gear. The complete lack of support and communication is making me feel a little leary about buying another, regardless of how cool it is. I feel that they have already abandoned it even though it is still for sale. They need to officially fix the front camera so that it can be used in applications without rooting the device, release 2.2 or officially say that they will, fix the accelerometer so that games work, set up some way to communicate with their users even if it is only announcements, and at least make some batteries available.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
I have to agree - they are missing a golden opportunity to gain some momentum but have decided to squander it. Even with the S7 on sale again this week at BB, I have decided to move on to the Galaxy Tab and use that as the family platform for comms with the Grandparents and such as it is a much more polished and capable platform -plus they are starting to show up on ebay now and that makes them more price competitive with the S7. The S7 is being relegated to being my "commuter tab" in the car to provide GPS capabilities and in-car entertainment via bluetooth with Pandora, MP3's, and internet radio feeds. S7 will probably end up being my frankenstein android device for honing my hack and mod skills. Also, not too keen on what I've read about Huawei as a company and ties to their government (may provide some insight as to why they are not really consumer satisfaction oriented - they aren't in it to establish a consumer marketing foothold). Doesn't sound healthy and something that I want to support, if true. So S7, it was a great ride while it lasted and a great introduction into the new and rapidly growing market of android tablets. I'm moving on to Galaxy, but since I'm keeping my S7 will still check back here for more tips and tricks. This is definitely the most active, informative and forum on Androidtablets.net.