I might be getting a Huawei S7 tomorrow - a few questions though

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
First off...what is rooting and how does it benefit my device?

Second question...I have 300-400$ to spend. Is this the best tablet for the money?

Third question...has anyone tried Tango Video Calls? It's another video call app. Does it work?

and lastly...what are you all carrying these things in? I have yet to find a case.

PS forgot to ask...I'm getting it from Best Buy, is this the one with the 1Ghz Snapdragon?

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
Thank you for the info. I am really excited about my purchase. I hope Tango Video Calls works. It does on the Samsung Galaxy. Can anyone try it?

tjanuario

Dec 28, 2010
I don't think there is a video conference app that works well with the front camera.

sent magically from the "Internet"...

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Good for you! Now....take a deep breath.....and HAVE FUN! ;-) Be sure to join the Huawei S7 Users Group here.

pikapp168

Jan 20, 2011
how much free application memory should there be? I have 7.something on the internal SD, another 8 Gb on the external memory card and like a little less than 200 MB on the device. Can I save the apps to the internal memory?

pedro_

Jan 8, 2011
Do not wish to appear condescending, but rooting is to PDAs what donuts is to driving. Accident waiting to happen.

The only reason to seek root access is to do things like tethering or moving stuff to sdcard.

I have rooted mine to fix tethering, but can see no reason to move stuff to sdcard, if I ain't gonna use it in the next week I delete it, I can always re-install

Of course other folks may have different views.

Pete, on the move...