Huawei S7 discussion archive

Status
Not open for further replies.

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
so I used z4root to try to root this s7 but it has seemed to do nothing or maybe I'm doing something wrong. I'm trying to install apps to the sd card. what am I doing wrong?

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Android Tablet Forum App

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
install Terminal Emulator, open it, and see what happens if you type su. If your cursor pointer changes from > to #, then you have rooted properly. It is a little bit finicky on the S7, and if you look you will see a couple of threads on this topic, so I am not going to go much more in depth.

Good luck!
p

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
ok my question once it is rooted how do I change where it installs programs to?

jcabibi

Dec 8, 2010
I am rooted with Z4Root and have superuser working. I have rooted devices before and have always had the Update.zip on the sdcard. Yet, I don't notice this on the S7

Any insight will be appreciated...

duceirae

Dec 14, 2010
so.. its rooted but I can't find or figure out how to change the place for install.. like onto the sd card. please help even a link to where the info is would be great. thanks

pa49

Nov 29, 2010
May be app2sd isn't ready for the S7?

kevmueller

Dec 7, 2010
I have not been on my tablet yet, I have it, but one more week. Anyway forgive me if this will not work (I have a Droid X that is on 2.2 already) but if we are rooted and installed Titanium Backup, could we not use the script that is included in this to move apps to the SD card?

I have not done this personally, actually the other way since they put 8 gig of memory on the X and it is locked down so you have over 6 gig for just apps.

Dec 13, 2010
I see tht they have a new linux kernel published on the Hauwei site 2.6.29-s7 emotion. My S7 shows 2.6.29-S7. I know I am new at this but, do I need to get this new kernel? I have a firmware version 2.1-update1 the build is S7100R001C28B010 I purchased it from best buy. I really like this thing and would not trade it for the world. AT&T sim card and got voice right out of the box.

Thanks,

goodoane

Nov 25, 2010
No this is the same with what you allready have and kernel is released for developers not as upgrade for devices.

Sent from my Ideos S7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.