ICECREAM SANDWICH on NOOK COLOR

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Thank You Spider, I remember using Rico's setting after my first root but then, together with JP,I tried few different setting and its all part of a thread that I was actually trying to find but I didn't yet.

Samsung Galaxy Note

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Can you flash it the same way as CM7 using Rom Manager? It there a link somewhere to the step by step instructions? I see where samiam is providing some downloads, just no sure how to go about it.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Can you flash it the same way as CM7 using Rom Manager? It there a link somewhere to the step by step instructions? I see where samiam is providing some downloads, just no sure how to go about it.

Yes, all instructions should be the same as for CM7 :)

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I'm such a slacker, I can't believe I still haven't gotten around to testing this out. It is more the headache of juggling SD cards to get a free one to use than anything else.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
Yes JP, you should have already started the thread: ( how to) bootable CM9 on SD!

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Except that CM9 has issues and I can imagine how much headache that would cause... I can't get sound to work, why is there no Market, how come I can't connect to the internet... there is a reason CM9 isn't widely available and those who want it can find ways to get it (like you ;)).

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I think you like this kind of headaches! :)

Samsung Galaxy Note

caulktel

Jan 21, 2011
Except that CM9 has issues and I can imagine how much headache that would cause... I can't get sound to work, why is there no Market, how come I can't connect to the internet... there is a reason CM9 isn't widely available and those who want it can find ways to get it (like you ;)).

JP, what build did you use? I understand that 1-19-12 build seems to work okay. I noticed that samiam has along with Gapps a zip that has to do with sound, like "soundcard.zip?", maybe that fixes the sound issue. As far as the other problems, I don't know whether the network issues are fixed or not. I think I'm going to wait a little longer until Cyanogen releases something. I really want to try it though.:(

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I went with CM9 "snekpeak2 fullobugs" and it has sound. Honestly everything seems to be working just fine. I did use samiam's Gapps file and boot animation fix. At the moment I am not seeing a reason to update to the latest nightly although I download yesterday's. ICS is awesome and the performance is great with how it is set up so far. I got around 1500 in Quadrant with what seems to be a built in OC up to 1.2GHz. So far battery life seems really good too. Definitely exciting stuff :)

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
That's great JP , did you try to install Netflix? .

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have installed it but haven't tried it. The biggest drawback right now is no Flash. I'll test netflix and see if it is working.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I installed Adobe flash player and only after that u tube started working.. Netflix doesn't though .

Samsung Galaxy Note

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It lets me login and see the moives but it gets stuck at the loading screen when you try and play a movie. So it seems like it is close. The youtube app worked for me before installing Flash, which is how it should be. I tried installing Flash to see if the web would word (knowing full well that Flash isn't supported in CM9 yet) and no surprise that it didn't. Netflix probably has the same issue since I believe it requires flash.

Honestly Apple had it right regarding Flash. While it is useful on the net now, it needs to go away. Seems silly to have to always be trying to get Flash to work with this or that. Just make everything HTML5. Come on internet get with it!