I'm back with an Archos now!

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
Hey guys... I was on here before in the Velocity Micro section. I was a very unhappy owner of a Velocity Micro Cruz Reader...and ended up returning it within a week of buying it due to the fact that the battery life was horrible, locked up constantly and nothing worked on it.

I ended up with an Archos 32 and I am VERY happy. So far everything has worked pretty good on it..... except the power switch. I'm on number 3 and hopefully number 3 is the one. Newegg replaced the first with the second, and Archos replaced the second with #3. They CLAIM I shouldn't have a problem again, but if I do they will be glad to replace it. Hopefully it's fine because I really like it. It may have a resistive screen, but it works good, unlike the Cruz's.

PS - I had great customer service with Archos if anyone was wondering.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
From viewing others experience at Archosfans. There seemed to be some Quality issues in the first round of Gen 8 The following is only what I have observed
101- Highest QA from the beginning What appears to have fewest issues
70 - Seems to be dependent upon the model and when it was made. The 250-HD seems better (fewer complaints than the all flash)
32/43 - Some of the earliest had issues and seem to be improving
28 - Not enough data, Most complaints are about limitations over actual problems

Best of Luck

bgoins12

Dec 29, 2010
I was told that the certain serials had switch issues (Someone told me it was Serial numbers "PAxxxxxxxxx" through "PH or PJxxxxxxxxx") and that anything after that was fitted with a revised switch design. The first one I had was a "PB" serial and the second was a "PC" serial.

The 3rd is a PR serial and the switch feels different. It doesn't feel as "loose" as the first ones did.

I can't confirm any of this info as I found it doing a Google search on another forum.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
-shrug-, I have the Archos 70 250 GB, so congrats on your Archos purchase and hope this time it works out lol