Imito im7 with tcc8902 rooting question...

Onelinez

Sep 28, 2010
I just purchased an imito im7 with the tcc8902 chipsets. Is there any where I can find to root? This is not my first android device but I'm having a hard time finding some solid information on rooting.

Thanks in advance
onelinez

yelvington

Oct 8, 2010
You need to install the Android SDK on your computer, attach the device via USB, push a couple of compiled binaries to the device, and reboot. The necessary binaries are here: http://www.zonko.nl/files/tcc/root_setcpu_X5A_v2.zip. The included batchfile is for Windows, but it's simple to rewrite it for Linux/Mac or just type the adb commands. Worked fine on my iM7.

MNull

Oct 19, 2010
Ok now what do we do with this zip?? Do we just start up SDK and run the "root.bat"??

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
the fastest way would be to download z4root.apk you can get it off 4shared.com search z4root and download the app, copy to sd card then open with astro or file manager... no need to use android sdk tool or anything like that one click and your done worked on my imito im7s... also I have the origional Imito im7s firmware... flashed dawa and surfer both made screen go black so this is my present for anyone who didnt have a backup........
IMITO_IM7S_BY_MICHA3LALL3N.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download
instructions are in the rar file...
-MICHA3LALL3N-

alehawk

Feb 24, 2011
Hi MICHA3LALL3N will z4root.apk work with imito im7s? I read nothing about this apk and Imito.
Tnx!