iMito iM7 woes..

Oct 29, 2010
Hi all..

I rely hope that there is someone out there who can help me. I made the mistake of buying the iMito iM7. It is basically a Gentouch 78. The stock Android 2.1 implementation is rely buggy so I decided to reflash the device with the Gentouch 78 patch v3. There was no problems doing that, but, I have one huge issue that has presented itself. Although the battery is fully charged, the battery indicator shows next to 0%. I can run the tablet fine when the power cable is attached, but when I pull it out, the tablet shuts down.

I have reflashed it with another firmware, Smartbook Surfer, and the battery indicator is fine. I can't use Smartbook Surfer because it is in German.

So to the question, can one disable or otherwise fix this issue? If not, can someone point out a good firmware for the iMito iM7 tablet?

Thanks in advance.

lelel

Oct 16, 2010
Hi i will send new firmware, Better than before . It could be resolve your question.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
There are a couple compatable firmwares, Dawa D7 and smartbook surfer. You can change the language on the smartbook at the beginning. When it asks you to click on the android, got to the bottom right hand corner and click on the box, that will take you to the language section, choose english. I have the Dwa D7 firmware and it works well on my im7, would like an updated im7 firmware myself.

Oct 29, 2010
I got a newer firmware from the site where I bought it from. They were in contact with the supplier and provided me with a download link. Now they have removed it. It is quite buggy and the camera does not work..

I would like to try the Dawa D7 firmware. Can anyone provide a download link??

Last edited:

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
I will post a link to the dawa firmware later today. I use it and it is pretty solid, I think you will enjoy it.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
This is the dawa firmware I used and I like it alot. Hotfile.com: One click file hosting: DAWA OS.rar. It will present you with chinese language to begin but you can change it to english. Click through til you get to the android with the hand gesture to touch it, bottom right hand side is a box click on that and it will take you to the language prompt, choose english and you're good to go. Hope this helps. This will change your boot logo from im7 to dawa.

Last edited:
Oct 29, 2010
For you who are interested, you can download the iMito IM7 here.

I have just installed the Dawa firmware and I'll give it a try. Thanx!! :)

Oct 29, 2010
I'm sorry to say that the iMito firmware that I posted link to, is mutch better. It is much snappier and has newer features. I can live with the camera not working.

I found the keyboard input in the Dawa firmware very annoying. There was no way to uninstall the Suguo input app or to make the Android keyboard default.

It was fun testing the Dawa firmware. Thanxs!

By the way, the boot image seems to be broken in the iMito firmware. Flash the boot image from the Dawa and all is good.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
The imito firmware you uploaded was the same factory firmware mine shipped with. I got mine from Lightinthebox at the beginning of October. The surfer is actually newer, hmmm. 205 as opposed to 215 from surfer. The dawa is the same build as imito original.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
If you flash back to the imito firmware let me know the the build, 205, 215 etc. I flashed and maybe it didnt flash properly as it's stated as 205 the original from september.

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Let me know the method you used to flash the imito firmware, upon further review it looks as if only the surfer firmware actually flashed. Sorry about that, I just realized why all of them except the surfer had the same build. Thank you.

Oct 29, 2010
Ok.. The thing is that I only run linux, so my method might not be valid for windows..

I attached the usb cable to the tablet and the computer. I booted into recovery mode by pressing the "home" button on the back and the power button at the same time. Then I ran the following cli adb commands:

sudo adb erase boot
sudo adb erase recovery
sudo adb erase system

Then I pressed the reset button while holding the "back" button on the back. Then I navigated into the OS iMito folder and ran the following cli commands:

sudo fastboot flash boot boot.img
sudo fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
sudo fastboot flash system system.img

Of course you need to have the Android sdk and fastboot already installed. If this is the right way to do it? I don't know, but it worked for me.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Didn't realize adb erase is actually a command.

fastboot erase, not adb erase.

Telechips aren't supposed to have fastboot mode no?