iMito iM7 woes..

SRN

Nov 20, 2010
Downloaded the Augen factory reset zip and gave it a try. It seem to load onto the tab OK but still get's stuck in a blank screen, but now there is an icon of a funny looking animal with a false yellow beak, in the corner of the screen! have loaded Surfer as well and get the same result, have got into the bootloader and deleted the system and reloaded, but still get the same. Tried loading imito versions 1.1 and 1.2 and they don't install the image files just mention something about "splash" being OKAY???? then restting the tab into the same state.

This now looks permanently tanked!!

Update: imito update file was looking in the wrong place so it wasn't completing the update. Updated the Tab with the Imito 1.2 but it still get's stuck in the splash screen with the little green android in teh corner of the screen.

Anyone any ideas how I can boot this device properly?

Last edited:

jcannon

Nov 11, 2010
Do you have a backup on your sd card? Power plus home button 20 seconds, try the augen custom recovery and see if it will let you install that according to the instructions on the augenwiki page. Go to your sdk\tools folder in a terminal and type.
adb push clockworkrecovery-gentouch78-rc1.img /sdcard/clockworkrecovery-gentouch78-rc1.img
adb shell flash_image recovery /sdcard/clockworkrecovery-gentouch78-rc1.img
Try to restore a backup through nandroid in the program. If you didn't do a backup through recovery earlier, I will find an upload site and upload my nandroid backup of imito 1.2 for you to use. Sorry, been working a lot and haven't been on.

SRN

Nov 20, 2010
Thanks for your help, but it says there is no such file or directory? when I run these comands.

I didn't do a back-up, I'm afraid.

Thanks

SRN

JohnDH

Jan 18, 2011
Hi, I was able to download the iMito iM7 2.1 upgrade OK, and hope it will fix my iMto woes, or at least some of them

Can somebody give me a link to the download tool for Windows?

Thanks

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
I have the origional Imito im7s firmware... flashed dawa and surfer both made screen go black so this is my present for anyone who didnt have a backup........
IMITO_IM7S_BY_MICHA3LALL3N.rar - 4shared.com - online file sharing and storage - download

And you can easily root this device with "z4root apk" search on 4shared.com and there ya go
If ya like this post please thank :)

If link ends up getting closed or you have problems downloading email me at [email protected] and i will send firmware or z4root app via email

-MICHA3LALL3N-

EastCoastKat

Jan 8, 2011
Hi hopefully you can help, everyone here seems really knowledgeable about this tablet. Received my Imito Im7, was able to change the language, the date, and connect to my wifi, battery was running low, so I hooked up the adapter, was checking out google when it said battery low and powered down. Okay so I tried to charge it on both in the on and off modes, nothing. Obviously it wasn't charging while I was using it on the adapter! Adapter reads 5v's and hubby checked it, it's putting out 5.2vs, although the "users guide" says it is suppose to be a 9 volt adapter that was coming with it? Would this make a huge difference? Would the 5 volt adapter they sent with it be enough for it not to work or charge? When I plug in the adapter the red light comes on stays on for about 30 minutes but then shuts off, never turns to green, and won't work on just the adapter?? If I let it sit (hours) it will muster up enough power to boot but then is only active for like 4 minutes says battery low and powers down. I also get that android avatar on top left corner, like someone else said, but then it goes to the android screen and is fine, unitl it powers down because of low battery. I have not tried to update or anything like that at all, right now my issue is the adapter-charge issue. Should I try a 9v adapter? Of course it was purchased from Nowsupplier and I haven't stopped my PayPal dispute because of the shipping issue (over 7wks) but I still have enough time to escalate to a claim if I recieved a bad tablet!! I have one more week. Has anyone else had this problem? Please help!!

burrito

Jan 19, 2011
Overall I am liking my iM7 iMoto...at least I think that's what it is. Says DAWA on the back of the case and the start up splash says iM7 iMoto.

All is good except the market does not work and the battery life could be better. My goal is to back it up and then flash to surfer or dawa firmware. However, I am hung up on the back up step. I rooted, installed clockwork recovery, and flashed several recovery images including augen. I did not flash the boot or system img files. When I boot to recovery mode the splash screen shows up for a second and then I get a black backlit screen.

Am I wasting time with the backup and should I just try flashing to another firmware?

micha3lall3n

Jan 20, 2011
alot of people been trying to flash diffrent firmware and it messed up there tabs where they could not boot i wouldnt do it u can make a back up with better android teminal emulator and type the command

su

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/boot.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/system.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd7 > /sdcard/recovery.img

backup will save on ur sd card

travisl

Jan 28, 2011
For some reason, when I enter recovery mode on the Imito IM7, fastboot is not recognizing the device when I give the command "fastboot devices" in the cmd window. It just gives me a blank line. I know my adb is set up correctly with the usb drivers because I was able to access root files with it.

Is there an extra step I need to do in order to get fastboot to recognize my device? I tried seeing the device in fastboot both while in recovery mode (picture of android with hazard symbol above his head) and in "bootloader" mode (black backlit screen, after pressing back button plus reset). The goal is to try and get the surfer os on it so i can use usb peripherals

thanks,
Travis

burrito

Jan 19, 2011
alot of people been trying to flash diffrent firmware and it messed up there tabs where they could not boot i wouldnt do it u can make a back up with better android teminal emulator and type the command

su

cat /dev/mtd/mtd1 > /sdcard/boot.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd2 > /sdcard/system.img
cat /dev/mtd/mtd7 > /sdcard/recovery.img

backup will save on ur sd card

Thanks for the instructions. Worked great (and easy too)!

fun

Aug 19, 2010
yaffs2 system.img dumped by dd or cat can't be used to restore. backup by clockworkmod recovery is better way.

Jun 9, 2011
I followed the instructions to try and flash the surfer firmware onto this so I could get it to work properly. After some fiddling, I was finally able to flash the device. I restarted it, and the Imito splash screen came up, followed by a screen with this badger thing instead of the android logo. It hangs on that screen for several minutes, then moves on to the surfer logo screen for another several minutes. Eventually it loads into the desktop, but the touch screen doesn't respond at all.

I tried repeating the steps with the Dawa firmware, and now I've somehow managed to get a mishmash of both of them on the device. Now it boots up with the Dawa logo instead of the iMito logo, but still goes into the several minute long boot process with the Surfer logo, and the touch screen is still broken. Now I can't get it back to the point where I can flash it again.

Can anyone help, or have I screwed up my tablet?

Jun 19, 2011
Hello everyone. I'm having the same problem as most others: my Imito loads the splash screen for a split second, then heads into darkness. I've tried to fix this problem for ~5 months. Unfortunately, update.bat will not run. In addition, my Windows 7 computer won't even recognize the device after using key combos (back/home, home/reset, etc.)

Fastboot/recovery won't work either. Can someone help me please? If so, it would be greatly appreciated.

(Attempted to flash with Smartbook Surfer)