Initial WiFi setup problems...

ScaryBob

Jul 30, 2010
Having read every bit of advice and reviews, I picked up my Gentouch at Kmart today. Everything works as expected -- looks and works very similar to my Droid X, including the WiFi setup. Problem is, even though my Droid X has no problems connecting to my wireless network at home, my Gentouch will not. I put in the network name, triple checked the password, the Gentouch knows what encryption settings I have, but does not actually connect. WiFi is enabled of course; I've deleted and re-entered the network information several times. I can live with the other limitations of this device, but WiFi not working is a dealbreaker!

Anyone have any similar problems? No response yet from Augen support, nothing else in the FAQs on their site.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Have you tried removing the password from your wireless router that has been known to work, or try resetting your router and tablet and see if that helps.

dadown

Jul 31, 2010
When I enabled WiFi, it found my router and asked for a password. After entering the password, it registered with the router, got an IP address and I've been browsing the internet just fine. I was even able to use the file browser to access files on my Win7 PC. FTP connections also work, although it has a tendancy to hang when requesting directory contents.

My main complaint is that I can't download anything from the Android Store. It says Starting Download and then just hangs. :(

Back to your WiFi connection, you might also try seeing if you can connect using a public hot-spot.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
When I enabled WiFi, it found my router and asked for a password. After entering the password, it registered with the router, got an IP address and I've been browsing the internet just fine. I was even able to use the file browser to access files on my Win7 PC. FTP connections also work, although it has a tendancy to hang when requesting directory contents.

My main complaint is that I can't download anything from the Android Store. It says Starting Download and then just hangs. :(

Back to your WiFi connection, you might also try seeing if you can connect using a public hot-spot.

what kind of tablet do you have?

RemyL75

Jul 14, 2010
Gentouch has problems accessing the Android Market. A patch was suppose to be released on 7/30/2010, but they only released the drivers for USB connectivity. Hopefully a patch will be out within the next few days to address that. As for the wi-fi connectivity problems, what is the level of security on your router (wep, wpa, etc.)??

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Scarybob did that work for you.

dadown until the patch comes out you can side load apps by downloading them to a memory card and then using a file explorer to open them and install them

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If your wifi has issues after changing routers or locations, it may be a hardware issue. The Telechips TCC8902 platform the Augen is equipped with is not all that robust. I wouldn't be surprised if there are quality control issues.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Market fix release date is now 8/10/2010 (they have a manual one you could try though on DEV site)
Screen Calibration release is by 8/6/2010

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=739504

Current Issues and Bugs (more to come)
No volume hardkeys - Need get semi-transparent on-screen controls for these function
Recovery is useless (Hold Home+Power while booting up) - No way to access functions in Recovery menu
Software is a mess - we really need a new recovery, a cleaned up ROM, and overclocking!
In adb shell, doing a "reboot recovery" reboots the device to a black screen and doesn't bring up recovery.
7/30/10 - Pattern lock doesn't work after setting it up
7/30/10 - If you have Settings > Applications > Development > Stay Awake checked, the screen stays awake even when unplugged

Development Status
Root Access - http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Rooting
Market Working! - http://augendev.wikispaces.com/Market+Fix
- Issues? - http://augendev.wikispaces.com/messa.../home/25943265
Custom Recovery - In Progress
Overclocking - To-Do

SkippW28

Feb 11, 2012
Having a similar issue.. Just got my tablet.. Have wifi in the house.. Have multi pc's blackberry, iphones and droid phones connected but tablet won't
Turn on Wifi and it scans and finds nothing. I manually enter info and save and still nothing.. I have reset the router, changed the PW and still nothing..

Any Ideas?