Internet With No WiFi Connection

texican88

Aug 20, 2011
I was wondering if it was possible to somehow use your cell phone (I have a sprint android phone) to get my tab on the internet. Hopefully without rooting either and without having to pay thirty bucks a month for hotspot service. Maybe with an app, or blue tooth or even USB? Any help is appreciated.
Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Short answer... tether tab to smartphone = probably yes ... tether without rooting AND not pay to do it = probably not
Longer answer... if your cell is a smart phone and that smart phone supports tethering, then yes, you can tether. That said, if you don't want to root either device, can you tether without paying for it? More than likely not. Perhaps there is a carrier and phone combo that will let you get away with that, but most of the big ones won't (or are heavily restrictive). In which case you'd have to root your phone.

as the person above posted, you may want to read that thread. There's a lot of discussion on the topic there which may even include information regarding your carrier/phone.

nivek

Aug 13, 2015
How to root a tablet so that it can connect to internet without wifi?