Intro: Nook tabet, hack

Jenuhferr

Dec 28, 2011
Hi. Got a Nook Tablet for Christmas which is what I wanted after a good amount of research. Planning on getting a 64MB microcard for it.

I'm a SAHM/Homeschooler/Domestic Goddess married to an IT guy (who fixes my stuff YEAH) and a uber smart kiddo w some special needs that just make her more interesting basically. Have to make sure she's not too interesting to the point that she can't function in society though. Income would be beneficial for example.

I have used mainly Windows, Hub is a Linux admin and wants so bad to put Linux on my laptop like he did the Vista desktop downstairs but not happening. But he loves me and bought me a Windows 7. It's 'easy.' I've got enough to do without having to compile a kernel. I have an ipod touch 4 which is my second brain since it's is a bit crowded and there isn't a way to increase the RAM or memory of said brain.

Like the Nook so far and looking to hack it to get access to apps but B&N seems to have closed the loophole recently. Not a fan of the billion step hack but if the tablet drives me crazy I might have to go ahead and do it. I hate the tiny number of free apps, and I don't like people or companies telling me what I can and can't do with something I spent money on. So there.

Nice to meet everyone except the jerks that is. Hope I don't find out who you are. ;-)

Jennifer

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Be sure to tell your hubby Android is a type of Linux...

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Jennifer, glad you decided to join us here at Android Tablets. Nice to have you as a member of the forum.