Is the S7 capable of running android 3.0?

double

Dec 24, 2010
News out of CES is that 3.0 requires dual core processor to work. Is this ballhooey i.e., will some dev port 3.0 on a single core device?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hard to say, there is a ton of speculation about what is coming and what the final spec will be. I think dual core is definitely recommended, but don't think it will be an absolute request.

hiner

Jan 5, 2011
hi,how can i install games on my apad?some body help me pls.. tnx..

hi double can you help me?

hi,how can i install games on my apad?some body help me pls.. tnx..plz

Last edited by a moderator:

TechRemedy

Jan 4, 2011

theprogram1

Feb 25, 2011
Hey guys I am new to Android and almost dont know anything about it except for market and some other stuff. Can you just help me with what is rooting, what are the features that you could have but dont have and how to root huwaei Ideos s7 original one with stand and the phone button. Thnx :D

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
I don't think the TI OMAP CPU in the Nook Color is dual core, and they are having fun with Honeycomb already.

meowtablet

Feb 15, 2011
I don't think the TI OMAP CPU in the Nook Color is dual core, and they are having fun with Honeycomb already.
S7 is capable of running 3.0 for sure. There is port of Honeycomb for Dell Streak, which has the same CPU as S7, the other specs are similar as well.

rictec

Jan 30, 2011
hi there
i dont really think the cpu is the problem but the gpu (video) that can be slow
first we need to get 2.2 and 2.3 up and running then think of 3 or huaway get it for us
and we need some devs working on it

meowtablet

Feb 15, 2011
hi there
i dont really think the cpu is the problem but the gpu (video) that can be slow
Snapdragon has integrated GPU, Adreno 200, which means Dell Streak has the same one.

first we need to get 2.2 and 2.3 up and running then think of 3
I don't see why, can you explain your logic? There is no need for 2.2 or 2.3 to be installed to run 3.0, why would you need them?
The only problem I see here is that there is no man to port Huawei changes to a new kernel, a new kernel is required to run new versions of Android.
3.0 probably needs a slightly newer version of the kernel, but I don't see why that man wouldn't be able to port Huawei modifications to a newer version (let's say 2.6.36) just as easily as to an older one (2.6.32).
It's a pity that there are no kernel developers to help us.

vferrari

Dec 4, 2010
Snapdragon has integrated GPU, Adreno 200, which means Dell Streak has the same one.

I don't see why, can you explain your logic? There is no need for 2.2 or 2.3 to be installed to run 3.0, why would you need them?
The only problem I see here is that there is no man to port Huawei changes to a new kernel, a new kernel is required to run new versions of Android.
3.0 probably needs a slightly newer version of the kernel, but I don't see why that man wouldn't be able to port Huawei modifications to a newer version (let's say 2.6.36) just as easily as to an older one (2.6.32).
It's a pity that there are no kernel developers to help us.

You're reading into that last comment too literally, obviously you don't need to have 2.2 or 2.3 installed to get to 3.0. What the poster meant was that Huawei has promised us an Android 2.2/2.3 update sometime in March so lets get that promised update first before we start bothering the them for a port to 3.0. As far as a custom 3rd party kernel - well that's a different matter altogether. Check out the development subforum for what's been going on in that vein.

meowtablet

Feb 15, 2011
What the poster meant was that Huawei has promised us an Android 2.2/2.3 update sometime in March so lets get that promised update first before we start bothering the them for a port to 3.0.
Ah, I see. Actually I don't expect Huawei to port 3.0 at all, at least not for S7.