Just died - now what

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjsturm

Dec 23, 2010
So, I've got a G10 tablet, got it less than a month ago. Rooted it, running TNT-Lite, been working very well. Last night....while playing Sudoku on it....screen just goes black. I figure, OK....I must not have paid attention to the battery before starting (hidden while playing). So, I plug it and set it down. I let it charge for a while....pick it up, press power....nothing.

Plug it in again, see the light indicator is red. I let it charge for a while longer. I come back....light is now green. I unplug, press power....nothing.

I think since it's under 30 days old....I can just take it back to Sears and exchange or get a refund (maybe looking at something else?). I could also maybe send it in for repairs (not my 1st choice). The problem is that with various financial applications....I wonder if information will be stripped completely before selling again as refurbished...or even the tech using the information.

What do you think?

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Hard to say. They are SUPPOSED to be fully wiped when you return it, but how does anyone know for sure. Have you tried to boot into recovery? Also, you said that you "uplug, press power...nothing"

What about booting it up plugged in? Does that work?

bigjsturm

Dec 23, 2010
Hard to say. They are SUPPOSED to be fully wiped when you return it, but how does anyone know for sure. Have you tried to boot into recovery? Also, you said that you "uplug, press power...nothing"

What about booting it up plugged in? Does that work?

Yes, sorry I did attempt to boot into recovery...nothing. I also tried to boot while still unplugged. Nothing. Basically, it's dead.

WAIT. What sort of magic did you do man? All the above was true...but before sending, I decided to try one last time. I just held the power button until I forgot what/why I was doing......it fired up. Now, let me see if I have the problem again. But first....Angry Birds. LOL

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
lol....quick...make an clockwork backup to your SD for restore purposes....

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Good. I also had a brief issue similar to that, but nothing since day 3, and I think in my case it was user error.

SnakeManJayd

Jan 13, 2011
Is this not the same problem that most people have been having with the G-tablet? Where it turns off, or doesn't charge? That has caused staples in the US to stop selling it because they got too many returns?
I'm glad yours fixed itself, nice one.

Status
Not open for further replies.