Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
tablet-identity-tab.jpg

Update 1 (Video):
A video Link of the KT Tablet in Action

Update 2 (Price):
Price is actually 480000 won, or $400US.

The Identity Tab is the first Korean Android Tablet according to KT. The tablet boasts a 1GHz Cortex A8 processor, 7" multitouch screen, 8GB of internal memory, DMB TV Tuner, Gyro Sensor, 3 Megapixel camera, WiFi and SD card reader.

What do you expect to pay for all that goodness? $400 US (480000 won), corrected.

The real strangeness of the "Identity Tab" seems to be how familiar it looks... strangely similar to the Samsung Galaxy Tab (and not just in name either).

It seems like this is a deal too good to be true, assuming you can get one! We'll wait and see once these start trickling out.

Tons of news sources seem to be discussing this right now... and we want to hear your 2c on the matter as well. Let us know in the comments.

Another Video (Korean)

Sources 1:
Wired, Akihabara News, Engadget

Sources 2 (Korean, thanks to @gunplaman):
GGGame Girl
Virgin0909

Last edited by a moderator:

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Nvm about the price update. Not sure yet, but most likely NOT Snapdragon.

I'm thinking S5PC100.

mhensen

Aug 23, 2010
This thing is cool.. This is where we go to.. Nice touch on the screen as seen in the video's .. now only what firmware version has it.. and will it be android 3 ready ?!?
But if this is all in order I want one!! For $250 you cannot fail that much!.

Please if anyone knows where to get it, I will and test it :) (and write a review!!)

DroidUser84

Aug 23, 2010
My favorite thing about this video is the absurd amount of mics clipped to the guy being interviewed. Haha

matthew2582

Jun 29, 2010
Nvm about the price update. Not sure yet, but most likely NOT Snapdragon.

I'm thinking S5PC100.

Correct - Hummingbird processor as in Galaxy Tab. This is being marketed in US exclusively - at this stage - here: Dynamism - Enspert Identity Tab - English unboxing video here: Identity Tab (Enspert e201) Unboxing | Carrypad

Better build quality than Galaxy Tab - $ 349.00 and I am getting one 02/18 at which point I will review and video

Way more build excellence, RAM, certified Android Market and better camera than the very 'iffy' Archos A70/101 which we had to return.