Kyros USB Host + device list

sercero

May 20, 2011
does anyone know if you can upgrade the internal hard drive on the KYROS? I want to put more games on my tablet but can't since the hard drive is only 4gb. Or save my games on the SDCard and not on the internal memory? thanks for your help

Hello Jonnie,

It is unlikely that you will upgrade the internal memory of the COBY because it is flash soldered to the mother board. In order to make room for more apps you need to check yout link2sd which allows you to move apps to an sd card.

See in the coby technical forum it is the first sticky thread i think.

sercero

May 20, 2011
After getting no results with the Kingston 8GB micro SDHC I bought a Sandisk microSDHC Class 4, 8GB capacity.

It works like a charm.. :)

However, sometimes I have trouble copying from the computer to the sd card using the tablet because it freezes. This happens when I copy multiple files.

Could be Windoze XP or android 2.3. Although while it is the computer that freezes and the tablet remains responsive it is the tablet the one responsible for presenting a USB mass storage device to the computer so the culprit is most likely the tablet.

Copying multiple files to NAND gave me no trouble though, so this seems like an issue with the sd card mount of Kyros.

moominboy

Sep 21, 2011
Hi guys! Have read this entire thread and I'm curious if anyone has thought of a way to force Android to use certain drivers or force-mount a usb keyboard which isn't detected? I bought a snazzy leather case with keyboard for my Kyros 1024 and had no joy although windows detects and uses generic drivers for it.

edit* Take that back, I still had USB mode in device! :eek:Changed to host and it's working!

Last edited:

mhoyt77

Mar 6, 2011
I'll have to check what model when I get home, but I have an RF logitech mouse keyboard combo that works.
Also have a green usb card reader that works. ( again, will check model when home)

I'm trying to get gamepad IMe or something so I can run my logitech rumblepad 2, but so far no luck.

---home finally---

Logitech cordless desktop ex110 -
mouse and keyboard work
no cursor, but small movements with mouse can move to different desktop widgets, switch screens or open menu

USB 1.1 Mini Docking Station M04417-MB #USBDS-0 - (don't know brand)
ps2 didn't work ( tryed once) but usb worked

X Digital Media 1 GB PROformance SD Card + Reader/Writer

works

Acrox Trigger trackball laser mouse - ( looks like star trek phaser)
works

Last edited: