Latest Update for TF201

ritzmeg

Feb 1, 2014
I'm currently running android version 4.1.1 on my eee pad.

When i go to settings to 'check for update' it comes back with an error message saying "server is busy". I am not sure if there is a later update than 4.1.1 because of this.

if there is, how would i get this?

Any information will help.

Thanks heaps, Rita

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum!

The latest firmware for the TF201 is 4.1, but you should check your build number for a series like this: 10.4.2.18. That is the latest firmware from Asus.

If you need it, go to support.asus.com and type in your model (TF201) and click Downloads. Then go to OS of Android, Firmware and get the one for your SKU. Unzip it once (it is a zip within a zip) and place this zip file on your /sdcard/ (internal) or in the /Removable/microSD/ (external) storage. Your tablet should show an update in the notifications by the clock. Tap this to trigger the update to the latest firmware.

Rose4uKY

Aug 1, 2010
So is the TF201 not going to get anymoer updates and stay with 4.1.1? Mu husbands TFT-300 he bought shortly after mine has gotten 4.2.1. Reason asking is because Tivo just came out with streaming for Android works on his not mine. But it says 4.1 or higher but there's a known problem with the TFT-201.