Link2sd Won't Recognize Second Partition

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
I have an S7-104 with the Norwegian 2.2.2 ROM, rooted.
I'd like to use link2sd to move as many apps as I can because I am constantly running out of memory.
Using instructions found in a variety of places online, I made a 1gb new, primary, ext2 partition on my internal SD card, using minitool.
I installed link2sd from the market, and so far, I cannot get it to recognize the additional partition. I tried fat32 formatting, no luck there either. Re-booted several times, no joy.
Any ideas?

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
You need to install an earlier version of link2sd, I believe 1.7x, then you can install the latest version.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
You need to install an earlier version of link2sd, I believe 1.7x, then you can install the latest version.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum
Totally freakin' awesome! 1.7.0 did it,and I then loaded 1.9 - so far, so good! Thanks!

NevadaDave

Mar 2, 2011
Well, they certainly have helped me with my S7. It is interesting that, despite all the new tablets out, the combination of features, especially the 3G phone, is still hard to beat. I think that if the original S7 had had a capacitive screen, it would be a total knockout. I was telling my son about my S7 tablet, and he was amazed at what it could do, especially the 3G capability. he has trouble texting with the smaller 'phones, and thinks that an S7 would be perfect, especially if you add in the multimedia capabilities.

berley70

Oct 30, 2011
Where would I find the older version. I'm having the same problem? Thanks

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

nydriv

Dec 7, 2011
just do a google search for link2sd 1.7.x apk and it will give you a link to download it.

aakash94

Aug 1, 2012
hey please tell me how u got that 1 gb internal because i have only 130m so i cant download great games or apps please help me

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
aakash94 said:
hey please tell me how u got that 1 gb internal because i have only 130m so i cant download great games or apps please help me

Do a search on these forums, all the info is here. It's a very simple really, you just need to partition your internal sd so that you have a second partition that is no larger than 2gigs, make sure the new partitions is ext2 and that both partitions are primary, and no need to name them. Reboot and install ver. 1.7x of link2sd, later versions don't have the necessary scripts for the S7, and you should be good to go. You need root of course, and the proper adb drivers in order to run mini tool partition wizard (a good free tool for windows). Do the search for exact instructions, very easy.

Sent from my Tablet like device running Android

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
Do a search on these forums, all the info is here. It's a very simple really, you just need to partition your internal sd so that you have a second partition that is no larger than 2gigs, make sure the new partitions is ext2 and that both partitions are primary, and no need to name them. Reboot and install ver. 1.7x of link2sd, later versions don't have the necessary scripts for the S7, and you should be good to go. You need root of course, and the proper adb drivers in order to run mini tool partition wizard (a good free tool for windows). Do the search for exact instructions, very easy.

I followed the instructions to create the additional partition in the internal sd card using minitool, but now the tablet is not detecting the internal SD card!

Can someone help please?

Last edited:

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Quick question, did you make sure that both partitions were primary? I assume you rebooted the device as well.

shin445

Aug 16, 2012
I followed the instructions to create the additional partition in the internal sd card using minitool, but now the tab;let is not detecting the internal SD card!

Can someone help please?

if ur in stock rom better use ext2 format of the 2nd primary partition
and REBOOT..

mount SD card in sdcard settings..
it will say SDCARD damaged.. format it in settings>sdcard>format>then mount

then install the link2sd version 1.7x .. it will surely detect 2nd partition...

if not so.. better flash another ROM

Flaco05

Aug 8, 2011
I'm on stock ROM 2.2.2, and followed the instructions to the T (second partition ext2, both primary, rebooted, etc.), but tablet would not recognize the partitioned internal SD card (thus it could not be mounted or even formatted). I followed this thread (http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-when-you-internal-8g-sdcard-not-mounted.html) and managed to use terminal emulator to get the sd card recognized again and formatted it in the tablet w/o partitions. So, I am basically back where I started, and I am not sure how to go about creating the necessary partitions for link2sd to work.