Looking for 10" Android 2.2 Tablet under 300.00 with HDMI out.

limulus

Jan 4, 2011
Sorry, I was not saying not to get a resistive touch screen. It's just not a true capacitive touch screen like you have on the ipad. I really want a capacitive touch screen and am now either going to wait a little longer or get the Archos 70. The one from ecargoonline is attractive and his video looks like he had to apply very little pressure to the screen.

I lifted these definitions from the internet:

Definition of "resistive touchscreen"

In the cell phone industry there are two major categories of touchscreen displays: capacitive touchscreens and resistive touchscreens. Resistive touchscreen displays are composed of multiple layers that are separated by thin spaces. Pressure applied to the surface of the display by a finger or stylus causes the layers to touch, which completes electrical circuits and tells the device where the user is touching. As such, resistive type touchscreens require much more pressure to activate than capacitive touchscreens. Examples of devices with resistive touchscreens are the HTC Touch Diamond and the Samsung SGH-i900 Omnia.

Definition of "capacitive touchscreen"

In the cell phone industry there are two major categories of touchscreen displays: capacitive touchscreens and resistive touchscreens. Capacitive touchscreen displays rely on the electrical properties of the human body to detect when and where on a display the user touching. Because of this, capacitive displays can be controlled with very light touches of a finger and generally cannot be used with a mechanical stylus or a gloved hand. Examples of devices with capacitive touchscreens are the Apple iPhone and the T-Mobile G1.

joshua.lyon

Jun 11, 2010
The ViewSonic G-tablet is pretty close to that price point and does HDMI out with a separate dock (same as the Malata dock). The G-tablet can be picked up at Sears for $379 regular price, but has dropped down to $349 before.

It has a few nice features too:
  • 10.1" capacitive screen (viewing angles aren't amazing)
  • nVidia Tegra2 Dual Core 1GHz SoC (same chip in the Xoom and NotionInk Adam)
  • Android 2.2 (being that the Tegra2 is the reference platform for Honeycomb, I expect it will be easily upgradeable when released)
  • 1080p encoding and decoding (x264 Main Profile is good. x264 High Profile is touchy)
  • HDMI out via separate dock (you can use the VS one or ones from other similar tablets like the Malata ZPad)
  • Easy to upgrade the ROM right from the tablet -- no need to hook up to the PC to get the latest updates
  • Really Fast. Benchmarked at 2x the iPad in Javascript tests. Upgrade the ROM using TnT lite or another from XDA and you will be very happy. ;)

Last edited:

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
Hi Bob,
Windows 7 tablet PC with 10.2 inch Touch capacitive screen.This is the tablet I am now waiting for.
Iam sending back a zt180 which did not meet my requirements,the Windows 7 also has HDMI out, Good luck hope this helps.

Mick, Lincoln.UK.

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
I just noticed the M1002 says WiFi, the 8" model says WiFi and 3G compatible. Is the M1002 3G compatible too? And who provides the 3G internet service on those that are 3G compatible?

Hello, thanks for your attention to our website, those two devices you mentioned are both good, the Cortex A8 is the best seller in our store, and the M1002 is the newest 10" tablet pc with android 2.2 OS. no big difference btween the two, just with different Processor and screen size.
So if you want a 10" you can get the M1002. Welcome to order!:)

ecargoonline

Dec 16, 2010
I just noticed the M1002 says WiFi, the 8" model says WiFi and 3G compatible. Is the M1002 3G compatible too? And who provides the 3G internet service on those that are 3G compatible?
Hi Bob,
Yes, they both support external 3G Internet access, you can use the USB 3G module to access 3G networks in your area.

leomick

Dec 27, 2010
That same website sells a model M1002 (which has a 10" screen). Have you compared the 2? Is the screen size the only difference, or is the 8" unit much better? That ecargoonline site looks pretty decent!

This is all so confusing to me though. Which of the 2 would you go with?
Tablet Choice.
Hi,
I just sent my 10.2 Android zt180 back, as it would not work with my .exe programmes etc, so am replacing it with
Windows7 10.2" N450 HDMI out etc,this is by far the better choice for my requirements,hope this helps.Good luck.
Mick. Lincoln UK.

tony333

Nov 27, 2010
has anybody bought this above mentioned 10.2 inch tablet zt-180 updated to android 2.2 .any reviews??

BC4Jesus

Jan 7, 2011
I would like to know this as well. I was looking around and from what I've seen on the various forums, the ZT180 has 2.1 and a problem ridden 2.2 rom beta available. Does this mean that any Android Tablet that says it's processor is that of the ZT180 and running 2.2 is a bad choice?

Much thanks! By the way, you guys have been very helpful to me. I've been looking long and hard before making my final decision on the Tablet for me. :)
has anybody bought this above mentioned 10.2 inch tablet zt-180 updated to android 2.2 .any reviews??