Looking For A 10" Tablet - Bang For My Buck..!

nangitoholmes

Oct 1, 2012
Hey all,

Just wondering what your opinions are on the best few 10" Tablets.
I really liked the look of the Google Nexus 7 but its just too small for me.
Money doesn't really matter but look for good value for money.

Cheers

ThinkingBrian

May 3, 2012
Well I just bought a Nexus 7 last week and I love it after selling my Acer A100. But that was after looking at several tablets including some 10 inch ones. If I was going to buy a 10 inch tablet, I would go with either a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that includes a stylus or a Asus tablet like the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Keep in mind that Asus makes the Nexus 7, so Asus is worth checking out.

With that said, the best advice I can give is go to the store like Sam's Club, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples and try each one out. There is nothing like seeing them and trying them out. That will give you the best idea of what they might be like to own and use on a regular basis. Do keep in mind that I have never owned a Samsung or Asus. Hope this helps.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
MonocleMike said:
I chose the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 and I am very pleased with it and it does not need a stylus.

I don't think there is a tablet sold today that needs a stylus, we have come full circle and now a stylus is a desired accessory. Popular enough that Samsungs newest tablet actually has a built in Wacom digitizer, and the capacitive stylus has become extremely popular.

nangitoholmes

Oct 1, 2012
Well I just bought a Nexus 7 last week and I love it after selling my Acer A100. But that was after looking at several tablets including some 10 inch ones. If I was going to buy a 10 inch tablet, I would go with either a Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 that includes a stylus or a Asus tablet like the Transformer Pad Infinity TF700T. Keep in mind that Asus makes the Nexus 7, so Asus is worth checking out.

With that said, the best advice I can give is go to the store like Sam's Club, Walmart, Best Buy, Staples and try each one out. There is nothing like seeing them and trying them out. That will give you the best idea of what they might be like to own and use on a regular basis. Do keep in mind that I have never owned a Samsung or Asus. Hope this helps.

It does appear that the Samsung and the Asus are the most popular alright.. Was also looking at the new Sony one..

Any hidden gems out there I wonder?

ThinkingBrian

May 3, 2012
We keep hearing "rumors" about Google making an announcement on a 10 inch Nexus tablet at the end of the month, you might want to wait until November 1st to see if any of those rumors come true. Just a thought. But if you want a 10 inch tablet now, than Samsung and Asus might be your best bet. Google luck.

nangitoholmes

Oct 1, 2012
We keep hearing "rumors" about Google making an announcement on a 10 inch Nexus tablet at the end of the month, you might want to wait until November 1st to see if any of those rumors come true. Just a thought. But if you want a 10 inch tablet now, than Samsung and Asus might be your best bet. Google luck.

Really? I will 100% hold off if that is the case..

The Samsung and the Asus look really good but I see much more value for money in the Nexus 7, if there was to be a 10" released that would be the s**t..

nangitoholmes

Oct 1, 2012
Which would be the better option?

The Toshiba AT300 Tablet PC or the Prestigio Multipad 9.7 Ultra ...

The Prestigio is about 50-75 cheaper..

Thanks in advance...

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I agree about waiting to see in there is a Nexus 10. Other than that Le Pan tablets always seem to be pretty good bang for the buck in the 10" price range. More information here Le Pan Tablets.

rudolphh

Oct 10, 2012
The Nexus 10 probably won't be here into the first quarter of 2013. Nexus 7 32gb is expected by the end of this month. That said, I really do like the 10-inch Cube U30GT-H. While the Nexus 7 looks awesome, and I don't mind the 7-inch form factor, HDMI out just feels as though it should be there. Definitely not a deal breaker, but sort of a drag if you have a bigger screen you'd like to connect to for movies and games.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
I think that 7" and 10" devices really don't lend themselves to comparison. What I mean is that they are distinctly different devices. Do I really want to read a book on a 10" device? Or do I want to edit a document on a 7" device? Although I have both and both are useful I find that often one makes a poor substitute for the other. I dont mean you need both, but one will likely most fit your usage profile, and the other really can't substitute for that.

Last edited:

nangitoholmes

Oct 1, 2012
What are peoples thoughts?

Acer Iconia Tab A700 or Samsung Tab 2 or Sony Xperia Tablet S?

Each has its pros and cons in my opinion..