Massive Android Tablet Chart

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
When I was shopping around for a tablet and researching what was available (and soon to be available) I compiled it into a big comparison chart of 47 Android tablets.

This is by no means EVERY tablet out there, but it covers a lot of them. I also make no guarantees the information is 100% accurate, especially when some of the manufacturers and retailers of the gray market tablets aren't always truthful about the capabilities of a device. Prices are also rough estimates.

Enjoy!

(Download, unzip, open HTML page in a web browser - it's too big to post as an image)

Attachments

• $AndroidTabletChart.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 3,293
Last edited:

willharris24

Oct 25, 2010
wow - great work!

would you consider putting it somewhere like Google Docs so that we can always view the most up-to-date version? (assuming you intend to update it of course!)

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
Thanks!

I wasn't really planning on trying to keep it current, especially with all the tablets that are soon to hit the market it might become a daunting task to keep pace with what's out there. Wikipedia, though, does have a Android Tablet Chart (not as detailed as mine but anyone can add to it and edit it). There is also a chart of Upcoming Tablets on the same page. Those would both be good resources for anyone shopping around or wondering if maybe they should wait to buy.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
There are more and some tablets are out already like Panasonic Ultra Tough Book Tablet cost over $2 to 3 grand! Made up of Magnesium Alloy.

213780088.jpg

Complete list so far..

Acer Tablets
Aigo N700
Ainol V8000
Amazon Kindle
Apple iPad
Archos 5
Archos 7
Archos 9
Astri MyID
Asus Eee Tablets
Augen Gentouch 78
Axon Logic Hackintosh
Bebook
Best Buy Tablets
BlackBerry BlackPad
Camangi WebStation
Cisco Cius
Coby Tablets
Compal Tablets
Cowon S9
Cowon W2
Cynovo C7
Dell Looking Glass
Dell Mini 5 (Streak)
Digitalrise S1
Digitalrise X9
Disgo 6000
eBook Readers
Eken
Enso ZenPad
Entourage Edge
ExoPC Tablets
Foxconn Tablets
Freescale SmartBook
Fujitsu
Google Tablets
Haleron iLet
Hanvon TouchPad
Hivision SpeedPad
HP Slate
HP TouchSmart
HP Zeen
Huawei S7
ICD Gemini
ICD Ultra Tablets
ICD Vega Tablets
iiView M1 Touch
IN Media Tablet PC
JooJoo Tablets
KDDI
Kno
Lenovo Ideapad U1
LG UX10
Malata
MasterPad
Menq MID
Microsoft Courier
Motorola Tablets
MSI Tablets
NEC LifeTouch
Neofonie WeTab
Next Tablets
Nokia 770
Notion Ink Adam
OLPC
Onkyo Tablets
OpenPeak OpenTablet 7
Orange Tabbee
Panasonic Tablets
PanDigital Novel
Pegatron Slate
Pioneer Computers ePad 7
Pioneer DreamBook ePad N7
Plastic Logic QUE
Quanta Tablets
Readius
Redvale MeeGo
RIM
Roverpad
Samsung GALAXY Tab
Samsung S-Pad
Sharp Galapagos
Sharp Netwalker
skiff
Smart Devices Smart Q7
Smartbook AG
Smartbook AG Tablets
SmartQ R7
SmartQ V5
SmartQ V7
Stantum Slate
Stream TV eLocity
Tainell T500
Telstra T-Touch Tab
Toshiba CM1
Toshiba Folio 100
Toshiba Libretto
Tycoon TVB00
VIA Wondermedia
ViewSonic ViewPad 7
Viewsonic Vtablet 101
Viliv X70
Wirelession W1060
Wits A81
X2 iTablet
Yifang M5
Zoostorm SL8
ZTE Light

Last edited:

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
@tipster - yeah the list gets extra extra crazy when you also add in Windows and Linux tablets! Of course I was only looking at Android tablets so that's all I put on my chart ;)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Luckily my list is smaller since I want a capacitive screen. :)

That screen is good for certain people. Women with nails would be better offer without it. I've tried both to me it's toss up! High Price / Low Price. Now Multi-touch is better though cost more.

Jul 15, 2010
Well I don't have girly nails so I'm good in that aspect. ;) I have an apad but I prefer something like my Vibrant's screen, only I don't want to pay the Galaxy tab price. lol!

Shadow12347

Oct 23, 2010
On the Archos tablets it says that they don't support android market, is that for the ones that have not been released yet? Cause I thought I finally found a model with everything I wanted but now this says that the Archos ones don't have the Android Market :-/

OffWorld

Oct 5, 2010
On the Archos tablets it says that they don't support android market, is that for the ones that have not been released yet? Cause I thought I finally found a model with everything I wanted but now this says that the Archos ones don't have the Android Market :-/

Archos has their own app store called "AppsLib" which was their way of getting around a licensing issue with Google for access to Android Marketplace. It's also why the Velocity Cruz tablets use their own app store called "Cruz Market." There are ways around it, though, that still allow you access to Android Market even if the tablet manufacturer doesn't support access (as anyone with an Augen Gentouch 78 can attest).

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010

There is a patch/special install available to install Market on Archos new series and that is true for others. Keep in mind three points.
1. There are many competitors to Market, SlideMe, and Archos has their own version installed.
2. The main reason Market is not installed is that it did not meet Googles specification for Phone capability to have Market installed (and they did not want to pay Google for it)
3. There is Market and there is Market. Google does a number on Market for some tablets. It limits what is available. Thus, you still have to tweak to get full market.

Best of Luck

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Really good job on that Chart! I applaud you.
For someone like me just starting to look for an android tabs, this is very usefull.

Thankyou.