Merimobiles.com

Jan 21, 2011
I purchased a Herotab M816 on 1/10/2010 and after ten days I still don't have shipping date. I paid extra for express shipping from DHL but no response to voicemails, emails, or twitter post. I would like to get soon as I will be leaving to go the road. Just like to get the correct expectation as to whether items are backordered or if their are other hold-ups. Don't know if i should cancel my order and find another vedor or Product to replace this order

merimobiles response:
Answering your emails promptly has always been our priority and we did so effectively in the past. We are aware that lately that has not been the case. To resolve this issue we welcome 2 new members to our team; Janey and Leo, together we will make sure all your questions are answered fast, just like we did in the past. Thank you

omydanie

Jan 6, 2011
guys use paypal to exert your consumer rights. enough complains will ensure that merimobiles with either be shut down or they will improve their service.

Beware of the wopad, mine is a broken one too and I am going through the same excruciating process of getting a refund/exchange from them.

ALFAOMEGA 74

Jan 7, 2011
WELL WHAT I CAN TELL YOU IS MERIMOBILES DOESNT HAVE THEIR **** STRAIGHT AFTER GOING THROUGH ALL THAT HELL WITH THEM I JUST SAID IM DONE.SO I CANCLED MY ORDER THEY CONFIRMED WITH ME THAT IT WAS CANCLED, SO THEY RETURNED MY MONEY
LIKE THEY SAID AND DID.BEFORE I CANCLED IT THEY OFFERED ME A LEATHER CASE KEYBOARD AND SOME OTHER CRAP BECAUSE THEY LIED TO ME AND WOULD NOT BE ABLE TO SHIP MY PRODUCT UNTIL A OTHER WEEK LATER I ALREADY WAITED A MONTH FOR MY TABLET I WASNT GOING TO WAIT ANY LONGER SO I CANCLED IT.WELL GUESS WHAT THIS IS HOW SCROWED UP THEY ARE. THEY STILL SHIPPED IT ANYWAY AND IT ARRIVED WITH ALL THE CRAP THEY TOLD ME THEY WERE GIVING ME .WHAT DO I DO NOW,IM GOING TO WAIT FOR MERIMOBILES TO CONTACT ME ON THEIR EMAIL.LETS SEE HOW FAST THEY CONTACT ME NOW:)THEY CANT GO TO MY BANK BECAUSE I PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON MY BANK,IF THEY WANT IT BACK I GLADLY GIVE IT TO THEM, I JUST WONT LIFT A FINGER FOR THEM THEY WANT IT COME PICK IT UP!AND BY THE WAY THE PAD IS CHEAP I WENT AND GOT ME A 64GB IPAD AND I LOVE IT.THANKS MERIMOBILES!!!!:cool:

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Please don't use all caps. It's akin to yelling and is considered rude..

Sent from my MID7015 using Tapatalk

Tekel

Jan 27, 2011
Merimobiles is probably one of the most unprofessional bunch of wanna be sales people I have ever dealt with in my life. If your thinking about purchasing from this company keep in mind that when they say "normally ships in 2 or 3 days" what they really mean is that it may ship in 2 or 3 weeks is everything goes smooth.
What even makes matters worse is the not replying to emails and when you finally do speak with them on their live support or on the phone they tell you lies. To prove they're not giving you true and accurate information just repeat your same questions after a few minutes and see what answers they give.
Also I agree with an earlier post about their location in Canada being nothing more than a front. If you call their 1-800 number you can hear the strong Chinese accent. Philip speaks fair English, however he still has a slight accent.
Another thing that kills me about this place is you have to keep on them to get any form of a tangible answer. Just read this Customer Review on their web page. Keep in mind that this is NOT my review. It's just one of the many that have made me laugh since I've been dealing with this place to ship my product.

"Order # 8425 placed 12/26-did it ship also and with the new firmware? Have followed all the reviews and updates and can't wait to get my tablet. Thanks!

ANSWER:
Hi yes you get the latest firmware update with the market installed and more stablet firmware, thanks"

Did anyone honestly feel this item was shipped after reading this??? That's exactly the type of answer I received when I started asking about my shipping information. However I wasn't letting the anyone off with an open ended answer like that.....well until they finally said "Whatever! Good Bye! and then closed the chat window. Honestly I wasn't being uncontrollable and only kept asking so if you claim to have shipped my unit when can I expect to see a tracking number to verify.
Trust me there are far better places out there for making purchases than Merimobiles.

Last edited:

Aggort

Jan 18, 2011
I have been trying to get in touch with Merimobiles for three days now. I had heard so many great things about Phillip, but I have yet to hear from the man! I ordered my tablet on Jan. 20th and it still has not shipped yet. Not I know when purchasing Shenzen products, not to expect the quickest shipping or processing. But I've never had to wait this long in the past. I figure, it's no big deal, it'll ship soon, but then today I saw because of Chinese New year that they will not be making shipments from tomorrow the 28th until February 9th! I ad paid for the 3 - 6 day shipping and now I'll be more than likely waiting two weeks! To me, this is unacceptable even for this kind of business! I could have gone elsewhere on the web and already had my item or at least tracking number! By chance, would anyone know of a way to contact Phillip more directly? I doubt so, but I'm trying everything to find out where my item and money has gone!

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
merged merimobiles testimonial threads. please search before creating a new thread. thanks. :cool:

Aggort

Jan 18, 2011
merged merimobiles testimonial threads. please search before creating a new thread. thanks. :cool:

Sorry, I should have figured just to post this here. Didn't know if it was quite the right spot to ask for info though. Being a Forum crawler since BBS boards, you'd figure I;d be smart enough by now! :p I really hope someone can be of any kind of assistance!

I should note, I would have canceled my order already, but, because it's supposedly in it's last bit of processing or shipped already, they will not allow me to Cancel the order! I'm filing a dispute with PayPal tomorrow!

EDIT: They must have finally gotten the idea that I wanted a response and after 3 days they finally sent me a emssage back stating the item has been shipped and gave me the tracking number. It's being shipped using DHL and when I used the tracking number the tracking just states the Shipping Info has been received. So I am being quite cautious, just because the information has been received doesn't mean my item has gone out yet. I'm just anxious now, because if this gets to me by Monday or Tuesday as the lady suggested, my experience with customer support might be awful, but the rest might be a bit more positive.

Last edited:

Tekel

Jan 27, 2011
It's being shipped using DHL and when I used the tracking number the tracking just states the Shipping Info has been received. So I am being quite cautious, just because the information has been received doesn't mean my item has gone out yet. I'm just anxious now, because if this gets to me by Monday or Tuesday as the lady suggested, my experience with customer support might be awful, but the rest might be a bit more positive.

Aggor,
Generally when you see "Shipping Info has been received" it means the item is sitting at Customs at the host country. Normally this process takes around 24-48 hours and once Customs is finished DHL will pick up the ball and the tracking should start on your item.
Keep in mind also that my very first word in this reply was GENERALLY. A shipper could possibly enter your item into the system before actual shipment and DHL wouldn't really know as they would think there is a problem in the Customs clearance. The only real reason I can see this being done would be to pacify a potentially angered customer or buy some time until a new batch comes in from a manufacturer.
I hope this helps in keeping you aware of everything.

bcd.tablet

Dec 25, 2010
ordered on 12/26 20% off sale
after a month with 200 plus calls many emails
online chats
they sent a version 1 tablet with square buttons
and not the extras
These idiots have NO clue!!!!!
will NEVER even think of doing business again
NO SUPPORT or honest communication!!

jdcorley

Jan 27, 2011
I ordered my A81 just before Christmas with a 'delivery date' of Jan 6th. It showed up Dec 29th, a full week early. That was great. The problem was the thing wouldn't work! Just kept cycling thru the bootup.

I emailed them and was given details about upgrading the firmware. Nothing worked and they said to return it. It took a while for them to get my express mail package (it got to China in 4 days, took 8 more to get delivered!)

I've got a good unit now, i just can't figure out how to get the thing to realize it doesn't have a 3G phone installed!!!

ecozai

Feb 1, 2011
I ordered a few tablets from merimobiles on December 26th, 2 Herotabs the MID816. After waiting a month merimobiles gave me the option to change my order to the 7" Capacitive Herotab C8, saying the MID816 was not in stock. I decided to change the orders. Well to this day, nearly 5 weeks after ordering my tablet I still haven't received it and I go days at times without hearing back from my emails to [email protected]. I ordered one Herotab C8 for my parents, it was shipped to them and they received it all scratched up. It obviously was used. Despite the fact that I had ordered my C8 before ordering my parents one, I still have not received mine. Stay away from Merimobiles, nearly everything they sell can be found from other more reliable online stores.

Cassie7

Jan 7, 2011
I agree 100%, stay away from Merimobiles! My experience with them was bad too and I have read many other nightmare stories from people that have ordered from them.

noladroid

Feb 3, 2011
Hate to agree. Purchased a Wopad over the Holidays. Delivery was quick and service was great through the delivery process. I have had a number of issues regarding the purchase including not being able to turn it on sometimes and no You Tube support (a According to Merimobiles a firmware update was coming withing "the week" back around Jan 5. Still no update. I would like to get a different device, but I cannot get a response. I have contacted Merimobiles through email and online chat (which is never on). Oh well...lesson learned. Merimobile, if you read this, please help!