Mid X5a frozen on android screen...?

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
Hi Guys

Had my Mid X5a since Christmas and its been great. Just turned it on today, it made a stuttering sound and its now frozen on the ANDROID boot screen. The Android wording is not 'moving' and the power button is not allowing me to turn off the tablet.

Its just frozen on a black screen with the word ANDROID in the middle.

The tablet has not been modded or rooted in anyway.

What can i do to reboot it? Any help appreciated.

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
If you have the android sdk installed on your pc, you can try using adb. Connect it to your pc and open a console (command line window). Run ' adb devices' and see if it recognizes your tablet. If so, run ' adb reboot'.

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
Thanks for this - but i'm gonna be a pain and say im pretty new to Android - is there a dummies guide somewhere to doing this?

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
downloaded SDK but i cant get to type anything in the console - keyboard does not respond. Any ideas?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
windows or linux? if windows, go to Start -> Run -> cmd.exe

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
getting there! But when i run adb devices i get the message..."daemon not running...etc and list of other failed commands like failed to start daemon...

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
killed adb.exe in task manager and when it runs now i get this message:

daemon started succesfully
deamon still not running error:cannot connect to daemon

I guesss that means the PC doesnt recognise it...What do i do now?

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
Can you get to the battery?

Sent from my MID7015A using Tapatalk

bobby baccala

Nov 13, 2010
Thanks for your help i_n. I left it over night and the battery went flat. Once plugged in with power it boots up fine but again froze with one of the apps. Im going to fully charge the battery and see how it goes.

Is it easy to re-install android 2.1 in case i have some corrupt files?