Mid X5a tablet usb drivers

miker

Oct 3, 2010
Hi Folks new to forums. Can anyone help me I have a Mid X5A I am pleased with it on the whole but cannot get it to communicate with either my laptop running Windows Vista or PC running XP. Starts to load drivers on both but then comes up with an error message unable to load device may not work etc. Sounds like a driver problem.
Also does anyone know where I can get an English user manual- mines Chinese

Have now managed to find manual on the site thanks to andriodboy

Last edited:

tuten4

Oct 5, 2010
I also found the user manual but I am still unable to find any drivers. Did you find any? Thanks

miker

Oct 3, 2010
No luck so far I am told by the supplier that I should be able to plug into the usb port and see the x5a as a drive in 'my computer'. Additional drives do appear but if try to open I get the usual message 'please insert media'.

Andromagic

Sep 28, 2010
The problem bothered me for a long time since I bought my Android tablet. Finally, I had to change another model and figured out this issue.
I'm not sure the problem is about the model or about this OS itself.

miker

Oct 3, 2010
This seems to be a problem when you buy these products you cannot contact the manufacturer for support. I am also trying to find spreadsheet and word processor software that will work on the X5A no luck so far.

miker

Oct 3, 2010
Folks still trying to resolve this problem getting nowhere fast. tried the hiapad site cant see usb drivers etc. These are the messages I get when plugging into my laptop or PC

. I keep getting the message ‘ Found Telechips USB device’ then ‘Problems occurred during installation your device may not work properly’. 3 drives appear in ‘my computer’ but if click on these it states ‘please insert disc in drive’ and ‘Windows is unable to access’.Additional message I get in Vista is ‘please insert disk that came with your Android Eclair’ .Any ideas ??

G4NDER

Oct 13, 2010
Hi Miker, I am in same boat and need X5A manual. I am new to these tablets and am trying to set it up for my wife as a gift. Any help from yourself or other experienced members would be appreciated.

taranasus

Oct 19, 2010
Hy everyone! I bought the same tablet last Friday. It should arrive through post today! The retailer has already mailed me an english version of it's user manual. I've attached it to this post so you guys can have it as well.

Android tablet, HSG MIDX5A User Guide.pdf

Hope this is what everyone's looking for. Cheers!

hansmex

Oct 20, 2010
Last Monday I got my X5A. Had some initial trouble doing all kinds of things, thanks to the absence of a decent user manual.

Still, I figured out how to connect my tablet to a computer.
1- Connect it to your PC with the mini USB cable.
2 - Your computer will probably recognize the tablet in one way or another, and the tablet will signal that it sees a computer by showing 2 USB icons and another unknown icon on the top menu bar (or how do you call it?).
3 - Now the trick is that you have to "mount" the tablet.

4 - Make sure the tablet desktop is active
5 - Use the stylus and drag the triangle with exclamation mark downwards
6 - This shows you three options (1) USB connected - internal (2) USB debugging connected (3) USB connected - external
7 - Choose the last one and a screen pops up where you can "mount" your tablet
8 - Once you've done that you should hear a "telephone" ringing, indicating the connection with your computer is "live"
9 - The tablet should now show up in a directory on your computer, or more precisely that SD card in it is shown

10 - DO NOT FORGET TO UNMOUNT ONCE FINISHED - you have to unmount both on your PC and your tablet to safely disconnect.
11 - You can do this by dragging one of the three USB icons down and select the "external" USB. You will get a new window, where you now select UNMOUNT
12 - Now remove the cable and the icons should disappear

I hope this helps. Good luck all.

Hans
PS: I'm using an Ubuntu computer, but I'm quite sure it'll be the same with Windows

Last edited:

miker

Oct 3, 2010
Many thanks hansmex works a treat at last I can transfer files to my x5a sd card

teddy73

Feb 14, 2011
Hi I had this problen of PC not recognizing Android. You have to 'MOUNT IT' It will then show it on your PC.