grefix

Aug 17, 2010
Just got my new MIDX6 from HongKong.
About device:

Model number: X5A
Firmware version: 2.1-update1
Kernel version: 2.6.29 root@localhost#297
Build number: X5A 1.0

i tried to connect to several Wifi routers...but no succes.
No scanning visible. nothing..

I also tried a Beta firmware release wich suposed to have build 298.. but when i did that i still saw #297
so i don't know if the right image was saved on the ftp location or it was just a typo.

Anybody experienced this weird wifi issue ?

Is there a program or debug tool so i can test if my module is working correct?

Any help is appreciated

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
So is it just not scanning or doesnt have the option to scan? and does it have the option to turn on/off wifi or just no wifi at all?

matiasko

Sep 9, 2010
So is it just not scanning or doesnt have the option to scan? and does it have the option to turn on/off wifi or just no wifi at all?

hi, i have the same problem. Can turn ON/OFF wifi, but can't find any network. PC and phone connects without problems. Tablet don't see any wifi. If i press search, nothing happens.

drsam05

Sep 27, 2010
i`ve got new smartpad mid, can detect wifi network but not able connect all plz somebody help....

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
No amount of flashing should fix the first problem if you alreadyare at factory settings. Bad Q&A?

Vernon17

Sep 6, 2010
I have a similar issue. My MID7015 will connect to the wifi but when I switch to another page or another site it drops the connection and then refuses to reconnect. The router is only 10 feet away and I am in the same room.
This seems to happen at random intervals.

Any ideas?

handyflyer64

Dec 25, 2010
Hey Vernon17, just got my MID7015 today and it will only connect if I'm in the same room as the wireless router. But even then the connection is intermittent. Did anyone respond to your inquiry?

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
My 7024 won't connect when an SSID is invisible. No matter what I do it just won't see it. Once I make the SSID visible, it connects.

Apr 28, 2011
My 7024 won't connect when an SSID is invisible. No matter what I do it just won't see it. Once I make the SSID visible, it connects.

girlperson1, I believe that the device is made to not connect to a non visible SSID. Also you could try to manually add the network when it is hidden and see if it will connect that way.

girlperson1

May 21, 2011
girlperson1, I believe that the device is made to not connect to a non visible SSID. Also you could try to manually add the network when it is hidden and see if it will connect that way.

I have tried addiing it manually and it still won't connect. Strange for sure since the quick start guide says to add the wifi manually and it should connect, even to an invisible network.

Apr 28, 2011
wierd, I would think that would work, I will run some tests on this with my belkin router. Try installing wifi buddy (kickass app) i love it and it actually works good.

Apr 28, 2011
you guys are right, i could not get mine to connect to my router with the SSID off. I never leave it off. I just run it with it showing, and it works fine.