MSI Introduces 10-inch Android Tablet priced at $299

dandroid

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 15, 2009
msi-Android-tablet.jpg

MSI has introduced its two latest tablets at Computex to a small selected audience. Codenamed “Enjoy”, both tablets run Android, but one has a 10-inch display and costs $299 while the other offers a 7-inch display and costs $199. The tablets will be powered by a 1.2GHz Cortex A 8 processor.

Although the two tablets do not have functionalities similar to Apple’s iPad 2, MSI hopes to attract customers with the lower price tag. The 10-inch tablet’s display has a XGA resolution, which is similar to the iPad 2’s resolution and two cameras, a front facing camera and a rear camera. Other features include a 4GB storage capacity which can be enhanced up to 32GB, mini USB and mini HDMI ports and an internal accelerometer. Unfortunately, 3G is not available.

Potential buyers will be disappointed to find that the Enjoy 10 has battery autonomy of only six hours (the iPad 2 can run on battery for about 10 hours). The tablets are scheduled for launch in the UK tomorrow, there’s no information about the US launch. More specs will be available after the release.

MSI seems to have entered the smartphone market a little bit late, but as the demand for tablets is growing day by day, surely they will be able to target enough customers. But, we are not quite sure that the tablet will be able to pose a threat to the iPad 2 as Xoom or Galaxy Tab does.

Last edited by a moderator:

androidgigee

Feb 24, 2011
Don't think the xoom and galaxy threathens the ipad 2, maybe the next galaxy will. The msi rings on 3.0. I am wary of manufacturers sacrificing quality for lower price

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Android Tablet Forum

bladerunn3r

May 10, 2011
I thought I heard they wont have access to the market either...?

Sent from my IDEOS S7 Slim using Android Tablet Forum

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
These look very late to the game. The specs as listed look to be similar to an Archos 101. The units which will be out later this year by MSI will be the real players. These were shown at the beginning of the year which have a Tegra, up to 64Gb 1-2Gb Ram and would run 3.x of Android.
These would have been great choices if delivered last year. The CPU will be hard pressed to deliver quality performance on 3.1.

strider_mt2k

Nov 22, 2010
I have to agree that the sources look slightly dated, but that's probably the reason for the price point.

Sent from my Rena 3 tablet using Tapatalk