My new aPad Tablet is arrived!

CyberCrasher

Sep 13, 2010
Hi,
I'm italian and hope to write with a good english. I hope you'll understand me :)

I brought this model:

Model: aPad MID
CPU: 533Mhz
RAM: 256MB DDR2
HDD: 2GB
Connectivity: WiFi, LAN
Plugs: USB 3.0, jack for sound..

Can I change OS? Can try WinCE, WindowsMobile or other sistems ARM?
Can I upgrade Android?
If I must download a Firmware, which I can use?
How I can see specifics of my model? What is a name of my model?
Thanks for reply :)

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
You can use any of the two ROM Rooted for Flytouch with this device. Very easy to install. You do need a microSDHC card.
1.Download the Zip
2. Unzip the Zip
3. Copy the Script folder to your microSHC root directly
4. Shutdown the tablet
5. Connect the AC power to the tablet
6. Turn on the Tablet
7. Wait for the software to tell you to remove the SD Card

Now you need a PC with MicroSDHC card reader or SDHC microSDHC reader/writer. You need to remove the script folder.

CyberCrasher

Sep 13, 2010
I have detected model: ePad MID 7 FlyTouch
Where I find roms? Sorry can u make a link for me?
My Original OS is: Android 1.8

Why change version of Android? Is more conveniente? Is more fast?
Which version of Android you raccomand to me? Support italian-language?
Thanks

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
there is no such android version as 1.8, it went 1.6 to 2.0 as far as official releases go, to see for sure go to settings, about and look at android version.

The benefits of upgrading android is increased functionality and more responsive interface with less bugs, i do not know if the Italian language is supported unfortunately

charliebrown408

Oct 7, 2010
New Apad iRobot Droid Tablet PC with 7” touch screen, WiFi, built-in Gmail Email support, GPS via Google Maps, Google Android 1.5.2 O/S, 3000 mAh Battery,HD movie playback, Web Camera, host and slave USB Ports, TF-Card slot, 3.5mm Headphone socket, 3.5mm Microphone socket, 2GB DDR, 600MHz CPU with Video DSP, One-Click YouTube access, Photo & Music Flicker, G-sensor, Built-in speakers, Google Browser.

sherring8290

Oct 5, 2010
New Apad iRobot Droid Tablet PC with 7” touch screen, WiFi, built-in Gmail Email support, GPS via Google Maps, Google Android 1.5.2 O/S, 3000 mAh Battery,HD movie playback, Web Camera, host and slave USB Ports, TF-Card slot, 3.5mm Headphone socket, 3.5mm Microphone socket, 2GB DDR, 600MHz CPU with Video DSP, One-Click YouTube access, Photo & Music Flicker, G-sensor, Built-in speakers, Google Browser.

Add resistive touch screen, and also come with a note saying "this tablet sucks, most features dont work, my bad!"