NC browser stuck on webpage.

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
My NC has been stuck on a news web page for about 4 hours, the loading icon is going around but nothing is happening. I can't use the back button or go into my book marks, I try to stop the page and I get the pop up that says it is stopping but it still does not. I have tried to enter in another web address but it just goes back to the same page. I have turned off the wifi and turned the nook off but that does not change anything. I even synced it to my computer and still did not fix the problem. So, please help this is getting irritating. My nook has not been rooted yet and is using the 1.0.0 software, (will upgrade today). I did search the forum and did not come up with anything on my situation.
Thanks for the help.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
if you can get to the market, or something similar, try to find an application called Android Task Killer (ATK). With that you should be able to kill the browser process. Also, make sure that you have actually turned the Nook completely off and back on, and not just put it to sleep.

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
Apps freeze or get stuck from time to time will any android device. If you were rooted, you could have advanced task killer (app), just shut the browser off and we-open it. Since you are not rooted, just hold the power button and reboot the NC.

And yes, go ahead the upgrade to 1.0.1, there are fixed for the stock browser.

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
I can't go anywhere and its not rooted yet so I don't think that would work anyway. Yes, I am turning completely off by pushing the button on the upper left side. Thanks

tjbus

Jan 2, 2011
Ha ha ok I feel so stupid, I didn't realize to turn it completely off you had to hold down the button for a few seconds. Sorry guys! That did fix it and I am getting the update as we speak. I am excited to get this rooted! Thanks.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
No worries. We only know most of these answers because we have all done the same things before you!