Nook Home Screen Unusable - Rooted NC 1.0.1

tonman

Feb 27, 2011
Until now, I have been using my NC rooted on 1.0.1 (autonooter) since this past December with no issue. All the mods were done in December and at that time I also added Launcher Pro.

About a week or two ago, I have been unable to switch back to my B&N (com.bn.nook.home) home.

When I try to switch back to read magazines (from launcher pro method), books or get updates to my subscriptions the BN home screen flashes then returns me to my previous screen.

Also, if I try to access my library from NC soft controls, the library screen continually flashes and does not stop.

Is there a way to save my rooted NC on 1.0.1 and continue on as I did before?

I did not turn off auto updates and was wondering if there is some pending update (1.1) my NC is trying to load?

I appreciate your help as I am on a plane for the better part of my life this week and it's going to be a drag w/o my NC.

Cheers

rico2001

Dec 8, 2010
You launcher pro app/widget/launcher may have became corrupt somehow. This happen to me once when I was auto updated and the update broke my root. My NC was flashing between both my Zeam and stock NC launcher. Do you have CWR installed btw? You could try to uninstall launcher pro, get back your stock launcher and homescreen. Reboot, start clean and reinstall your launcher pro app or another non-stock launcher.

Also check your b&n software to make sure you weren't auto updated since it will break root and also causes issues similar to your situation.

If you are not auto-updated you can install Clockworkmod recovery to not only stop the autoupdates but make a full backup of your current rom and settings.

tonman

Feb 27, 2011
Hello and thanks for the reply Rico. I validated that I had *not* been updated to 1.1 (so I was still on 1.0.1). I tried removing Launcher Pro with no success.

For now I have reset my nc with power + n method. I was able to download my latest subscriptions via in flight gogonet, but I still have not remedied my home + launcher issue.

I will work on this some more this weekend and report back when resolved.

Thanks for the quick response.

Jet Lag