Need help finding a tablet for wife's birthday!!

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Evening everyone, I found this site while doing some look around for a tablet for my wife for her birthday. So i have joined and this is my first post!

I am looking for a 9"/10" tablet to use for web browsing, facebook, skype, WIFI, probably bluetooth would be nice, playing movies and music from my ReadyNas and some games
I've got £200, i know its a stretch!

I would like it to be a dual core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB mem, res 1024x768 or above if possible, need to take storage card 32GB, able to handle multi video and music formats

I know it sounds a lot but I was looking at a NATPC Knight or Ampe A10 both A10 1.0GHz and 1.2GHz and these covered all the above.

The video link of the performances were fantastic, they were 9.7 & 10.1" and really nice and slim making them a cracking alternative too an iPAD so i was looking at ordering one the other day. As the site looked pretty good i did the usual searches for reviews about the site in question, and that is how i found you guys here! When i read the reviews i decided that it would be best to ask the peeps in the know for guidance and help in getting a tablet sorted for my wifes birthday.

Cheers in advance!

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Ginga, thanks for joining us here!

I think your best bet would be to find a used/refurb Galaxy Tab 10.1 or an ASUS TF101. Both are dual core 1.0 GHz and should serve you well. You can overclock if you are into rooting. I've got my TF101 OC'd to 1.5 GHz. It is stable above 1.6, but it gets quite warm.

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Evening everyone, I found this site while doing some look around for a tablet for my wife for her birthday. So i have joined and this is my first post!

I am looking for a 9"/10" tablet to use for web browsing, facebook, skype, WIFI, probably bluetooth would be nice, playing movies and music from my ReadyNas and some games

I would like it to be a dual core 1.2GHz, 1GB RAM, 16GB mem, res 1024x768 or above if possible, need to take storage card 32GB, able to handle multi video and music formats

I know it sounds a lot but I was looking at a NATPC Knight or Ampe A10 both A10 1.0GHz and 1.2GHz and these covered all the above.

The video link of the performances were fantastic, they were 9.7 & 10.1" and really nice and slim making them a cracking alternative too an iPAD so i was looking at ordering one the other day. As the site looked pretty good i did the usual searches for reviews about the site in question, and that is how i found you guys here! When i read the reviews i decided that it would be best to ask the peeps in the know for guidance and help in getting a tablet sorted for my wifes birthday.

Cheers in advance!
Hi Ginga, welcome to the forum.
Based on your requirements, i would recommend two dual core tablet for you:
1, The Cube U30GT Pea 10.1 inch with RK3066 dual-core + Dual camera + Bluetooth, it comes with latest android 4.0.4, and high resolution IPS screen, for £ 158.74 shipped in our site.
2, The YUANDAO N90 II Dual Core 9.7 Inch IPS Screen Android 4.0 Tablet, high resolution IPS screen Dual camera + bluetooth,for £ 159.32 shipped in our site.
Both of them can perfectly meet your demands, best gifts for your wife's birthday! :)

Jharna

Jun 2, 2012
Their many tablets in market with similar features. You have choose it according to your pocket jingle.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011

Cheers in advance!

RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) RK3066 Dualcore Tablet PC YuanDao N90 Dualcore (Window N90 Dual Core) [YD90D] - $257.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods

hi, here is a tab that fits your requirements from a trusted supporting vendor on this forum. this vendor does not sell oem products to my klnowledge so you will get what you paid for..well worth a look.

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Thanks to everyone that has replied! I was away for the weekend so only just read these.

Vampirefo: Yeah i checked out the Momo11 out but the supplier seems to be a bit dodgy and had some bad reviews, this is how i found this site.

SpeMail: They both look pretty good to me! What have the reviews been like on these? This is probably a stupid question, so i am going to ask anyways! These are OK for UK use? Is it free delivery to UK? How long would it take for delivery? Where are the units sent from? Warranty?

UserBe1155: Thanks, are there any reviews on here about the site?

Anyone else reading: Has anyone used these two sites to order from? RedTabletPC.com and SPEMall.com

Cheers

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
SpeMall: They both look pretty good to me! What have the reviews been like on these? This is probably a stupid question, so i am going to ask anyways! These are OK for UK use? Is it free delivery to UK? How long would it take for delivery? Where are the units sent from? Warranty?

Anyone else reading: Has anyone used these two sites to order from? RedTabletPC.com and SPEMall.com

Cheers

Hi Ginga, both of the two are new tablet in the market, but you can still find a lot of positive reviews about these model on the internet, the Cube U30GT is available in the market now, it's a good 10 inch tablet with dual core CPU + dual camera + Bluetooth...
Yes, it's OK for users worldwide including UK users for sure, and we offer free shipping to UK, it usually take 10-25 days for delivery. and we also offer 60% off for standard & expedited shipping, so you will not cost much on that, for expedited shipping, it will only take 3-5 working for delivery. and we offer one-year free Warranty.
Lots of forum members were bought from us, you can rest assured to place your order in our site! welcome!:)

Androidinabox

Mar 15, 2012

Cheers in advance!

Hi GingaDroid, Ampe A10 and Ployer MOMO11 Bird Edition are good choices for you.

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hi Ginga, both of the two are new tablet in the market, but you can still find a lot of positive reviews about these model on the internet, the Cube U30GT is available in the market now, it's a good 10 inch tablet with dual core CPU + dual camera + Bluetooth...
Yes, it's OK for users worldwide including UK users for sure, and we offer free shipping to UK, it usually take 10-25 days for delivery. and we also offer 60% off for standard & expedited shipping, so you will not cost much on that, for expedited shipping, it will only take 3-5 working for delivery. and we offer one-year free Warranty.
Lots of forum members were bought from us, you can rest assured to place your order in our site! welcome!:)

Hi SpeMall: I am thinking of placing an order, what do i get in the box? I would like to take the 3 - 5 day delivery option, so how much would it all cost me? And is there any problems with paying an import tax?

Cheers

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi SpeMall: I am thinking of placing an order, what do i get in the box? I would like to take the 3 - 5 day delivery option, so how much would it all cost me? And is there any problems with paying an import tax?

Cheers

Hi GingaDroid
the package including:
1 x Tablet PC
1 x Charger
1 x USB cable
1 x Earphone
1 x OTG cable
1 x UK Adapater
The Expedited shipping cost will be US$ 20.66 to UK, and we'll write low value for the package, usually you'll no need to pay taxes. Any questions pls feel free to contacu us! Thanks! :)

Last edited:

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hi GingaDroid
the package including:
1 x Tablet PC
1 x Charger
1 x USB cable
1 x Earphone
1 x OTG cable
1 x UK Adapater
The Expedited shipping cost will be US$ 20.66 to UK, and we'll write low value for the package, usually you'll no need to pay taxes. Any questions pls feel free to contacu us! Thanks! :)

Hi SpellMail;

I read somewhere that there are different versions of this? A worldwide and a China one? Im guessing this is a W one?
Have there been any problems with the tablet? Wifi/Bluetooth/Video/Charging etc?
The $20.66 shipping is that for 3-5 day delivery and who would that be with? And woud i get a tracking number?
If i order this weekend when would the delivery date be approximately?
How many of these have you sold up to now in UK?
What kind of reviews have you had up to now?
What is the retuns policy?

Cheers

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi SpellMail;

I read somewhere that there are different versions of this? A worldwide and a China one? Im guessing this is a W one?
Have there been any problems with the tablet? Wifi/Bluetooth/Video/Charging etc?
The $20.66 shipping is that for 3-5 day delivery and who would that be with? And woud i get a tracking number?
If i order this weekend when would the delivery date be approximately?
How many of these have you sold up to now in UK?
What kind of reviews have you had up to now?
What is the retuns policy?

Cheers

Hi Ginga
1, Yes, there're two versions of this tablet, the Cube U30GT-W was the testing model, but we only sell the official model: Cube U30GT-H. we have tested this model, no problem with Wifi/Bluetooth/Video/Charging etc for sure.
2, The expedited shipping company will be DHL or Fedex. and we'll send you an tracking number after the order shipped out.
3, The first batch of U30GT was already shipped out, but the next batch will be available on next Monday. so, your order will be shipped earlier next week if you order this weekend.
4, Lot's of UK customers odered this model from us, we'll double check the device before shipping, you can rest assured to place your order in our site, cuz we only sell top-quality products to our customers, the U30GT is a new model around the market, so we don't have many user feedbacks about this model at the moment, but you can see lots of positive feedbacks in our site for some other models like the Ainol novo 7 Aurora.
5, Yes, we have a 7 days return and refund policy!
Any questions pls feel free to contact us! Thanks! :)

GingaDroid

Jun 1, 2012
Hi Ginga
1, Yes, there're two versions of this tablet, the Cube U30GT-W was the testing model, but we only sell the official model: Cube U30GT-H. we have tested this model, no problem with Wifi/Bluetooth/Video/Charging etc for sure.
2, The expedited shipping company will be DHL or Fedex. and we'll send you an tracking number after the order shipped out.
3, The first batch of U30GT was already shipped out, but the next batch will be available on next Monday. so, your order will be shipped earlier next week if you order this weekend.
4, Lot's of UK customers odered this model from us, we'll double check the device before shipping, you can rest assured to place your order in our site, cuz we only sell top-quality products to our customers, the U30GT is a new model around the market, so we don't have many user feedbacks about this model at the moment, but you can see lots of positive feedbacks in our site for some other models like the Ainol novo 7 Aurora.
5, Yes, we have a 7 days return and refund policy!
Any questions pls feel free to contact us! Thanks! :)

Hi SpeMail, thank you for answering my questions! I have just placed my order and i look forward to getting the tablet for my wifes birthday!

I would like to thank the people who took their time to read my post and reply to it too! Cheers guys! I will put an update on here when i get the tablet!

Ginga