Need help picking out a tablet.

Carbira1

Aug 7, 2010
Hello all I recently got a APad and am probably going to return it. I was wondering if anyone could help sugest a new tablet for me. Here is what I need.

Newest Version of Android with support for new updates
HDMI out
Good graphics for gaming
micro sd card slot
a good touch screen for intense web surfing.
good external speaker
maybe a webcam.
6-8 inch don't really want a 10 incher
and for no more than $250 usd

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
The newest version of android is 2.2 and only comes on the A81E Nationite MIDnite (Wits A81E) 7 Android 2.2 Tablet - A8 Cortex - $209.50 : MP4 Nation!, :: Low Priced MP4, MP3 Players and the latest scoop on the newest MP4 Player so that narrows it down pretty quick for you but what i recommend is buying one with android 2.1 because its still pretty new and its been around longer so less bugs, i also recommend looking at Euogo.com: Best Deals on Android Tablet,Tablet PC,Smartphones,Apple Accessories,Cool Gadgets & more from Hong Kong China they have some tablets that meet your qualifications

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Looks good in design I am glad they're go away from the iPad look. Are those specs correct for A8 though?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
if you can find one then sure the gentouch has a big following so that helps with issues but there are mixed reviews on it

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
no just kmart wont sell it anymore because it had unauthorized google apps on it but with some tweeking everyone seems pretty happy with it.

minitek

Jun 1, 2010
A81E is good, except HDMI output. It has only USB and earphone output. Video playback is not the advantage of OMAP. Chips from Korean companies such as Telechps may have better multimedia performance. - FYI only.
In case I'm wrong, don't blame me. :)