Need some quick major help...yes I am clueless. ..

Sersee

Dec 16, 2013
Ok my disclaimer...I am clueless when it comes to the tablets.

Anyhow, we are looking to get my 12 year old daughter an inexpensive tablet. We have an iPads, iPhones, and an iMac. I am the only Android person. I also have a sixteen year old who really needs a new laptop(which we are also in the market for). My 12 year old asked for an iPad which is not happening. I am not paying that amount of money . I am willing to go the android tablet route. Basically what she will use if for is games, streaming of tv, and the biggest thing is she loves to make videos. She downloads all these video effects on her phone and does it on their but would love a bigger tablet to do it on. So this part is important. I have a kindle and am familiar with Amazon app store. I always find that there isn't as much as the google app store. I am sure my daughter could find video effect apps there(like her iPhone app store). I was researching and came across the Nabi 2 , Nexus 7 and Galaxy tab 3.

I was trying to see how big the screens were..I think nexus and tab are 7 inch? The Nabi has a 10.1 inch. As I was reading, I started seeing that you have to "root it" ..which is where I panicked and ran to the forum!!

I would love suggestions and advice. Please don't beat me up too much for being clueless! Haha

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
Tablets don't have to be rooted, no more than an Ipad does. Users that want to root them do.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Phone

Sersee

Dec 16, 2013
Tablets don't have to be rooted, no more than an Ipad does. Users that want to root them do.

Ha..well I don't even know what that means. I guess it is so you can customize it? I was leaning toward a Nexus but it needs to be able to take video. I was reading that it can but you have to root the Nexus and then do a couple of steps to get it to do that. That is where I decided to come ask people who know tablets and can suggest what might work for me.

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I don't have a Nexus but any tablet with a back camera can make videos without rooting.
Perhaps I don't get your meaning, of videos. My meaning is you aim the tablet's camera at the target and press record.
Are you saying the Nexus doesn't have a back camera?

Sersee

Dec 16, 2013
I don't have a Nexus but any tablet with a back camera can make videos without rooting.
Perhaps I don't get your meaning, of videos. My meaning is you aim the tablet's camera at the target and press record.
Are you saying the Nexus doesn't have a back camera?

Maybe I am wrong, but I read that it has a front facing camera that cannot take video..but you can do something to it to make it take video..

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
The Nexus 7 has a front facing camera only, the Nexus 7 2013 has both front and rear cameras.