never ending starting download

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
I have an Android 2.1 Tablet C-MID-7""Touch Screen-Track Ball-ARM11-Rockchip2818-800MHZ-256MB-4G-Wifi. which I got here

Android 2.1 Tablet C-MID-7Touch Screen-Track Ball-ARM11-Rockchip2818-800MHZ-256MB-4G-Wifi-G-sensor-HDMI(SMQ5851) - US$ 149.99

Model Number- TR718D
Android Version-2.1
Firmware Version -v1.02.09-2010.11.22_english
Kernel Version- 2.6.25
Build Number- V0.18.ECLAIR.English.R.zmg.20101112.142908

now when I try to download apps from the market it will only "start download" it is stuck forever with no progress

Does anyone know the solution to this problem, because I really want to download some apps

(And just for the record I’m new to this whole tablet thing so if you can explain in the most rudimentary of terms would be great)

Thank You

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Has the market ever worked? if no then your tablet might not be tablet certified. But some things you can do go into settings application manager application and find the market and then clear data and cache also some people say clearing google talk data and cache helps to if that doesn't work then you might be able to find a market hack for your specific tablet

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
when you say has the market ever worked? do you mean have i ever downloaed an app? is so no i have not downloaded any apps not one, it will take mr to the market i will try and download an app and it will just sit an spin forever.

you think its something to do with the hardwear, or do i just need to update something.

and how do you know if your tablet is certified?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
From what you tell me it doesn't sound like yours is, some companies must throw a none working market on there to say it has market. I would try and find a market hack for your device or try and find a rom that has working market already in it

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
where do i download a hack?

and is this a normal thing to have happen or should i consider returning the device i have?

thanks again

l_n

Dec 28, 2010
some of the hacks are here. xda-developers has a *lot* of android mods/hacks available.. google is your friend on this one. the biggest thing to look for is the right chipset and/or model number for the modifications. sometimes instructions for one device can be adapted to another, but i would suggest doing a bit of research before attempting something like that. you would definitely want to have some sort of backup and be comfortable restoring it before attempting to hack your tablet in *any* way.

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
thanks

like i asked is this normal? it just seems like it should be so much easier to fix this

oldog

Jan 22, 2011
As A newbie to android I got caught with my first downlod of an app two days ago.Download appeared to start OK and then no result. Tried 5 times and then noticed a row of 5 small red arrows along top left hand corner of screen. When I dragged down on an arrow was informed that download was waiting to be installed, felt a right twit! never seen anything like that in windows and no mention of it in the manual.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
You wont find a market hack that sticks to your tablet because it's RK2818. You are better off trying to troubleshoot the issue.

What I would recommend is:
1) clear all data on the Market app in Settings -> Applications
2) clear the cache partition with adb
3) factory reset, and remember to download no more than ONE app at a time

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
All right i will try it and get back to you

but beacuse im a moron what is adb?

All right I am on my tablet right now, I have reset it cleard every thing and am trying to downlod an app right now, AND ITS STILL NOT DOWNLOADING!!!

I will not deny this is pissing me off why does this thing not work

Last edited:

padoi

Feb 9, 2011
Hi, I've just had a new tablet pc with the model of TR718D, all the firmware is the same as mentioned above. There is no market app available, I had the same problem that the app downloaded can't start. So I tried to find market app, but when finish installed, the app can't be run and always has a message a force close.
So How to upgrade this firmware version ? is there any tutorial step by step to upgrade this firmware ?

Thank u and really need any reply from others.

x2x

Jan 21, 2011
yeah I could not find any info

so I returned my device, apps was one of the major reasons I bought the thing and without them it seemed kind of pointless to keep

sorry I could not be more help.

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Another thing that is working on my RK2818 tablet is by going into Settings -> Wireless & Networks, and toggling Mobile Networks on and off (along with wifi).

For some reason it defaults itself to think that it wants to go to Mobile networks before accessing wifi sometimes.