New generation tablets

bottleb

Jul 14, 2010
Hey,
Im about to pull the trigger on the A81E but just before i do, i was wondering if the new tablets with 3.0 that are supposed to come before the year will have a good price point.
I mean, they'll have better screens, 3.0, faster processors (tegra2?) so logically none of them will go for less then +- 350$$?

If so, i guess i might just get the a81e as my primary uses will be internet, ereading and Robo defense (god that game is awesome, purchase the full version guys, its worth it)

So, price point? any one has an idea?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
You are correct they will be around 500 dollars off contract and maybe cheaper on, because with those tablets they are going to be tied to a carrier like verizon or someone so they might be cheaper if you sign a contract with a carrier

minitek

Jun 1, 2010
One tip from China mainland: I don't think Chinese Manufacture will announce Android 3.0 based tablet with a USD350 or higher price. Of course I also don't have too much confidence that Chinese manufacturers can release 3.0 based tablet by the end of this year. :) - FYI only.
In case I was wrong, don't blame me. :)

minitek

Jun 1, 2010
Is Telechips a must for you? I guess you must care more about multimedia, right? As far as I know, Android 2.1 on Telechips 8902 is already stable. There is one on my hand. There is even another one can support 2 point touch. For the 2.2 based on Telechips, someone said ETA is Oct. But delay always happens, again and again. Just like the announcement of 2.1 based tablet.
As far as I know, the only available 2.2 is A81E. I had already list it on eBay - You are welcome to visit, video is available.